PB power points quick question

Dominator

ill make this short and sweet as i cannot find it anywhere :rolleyes:

Say Person 1 Has 20 Points

Person 2 Has 40 Points

Person 3 Has 100 Points

Right I Know That Person 1 and 2 cannot do anything whilst person 3 with 100 points is in the server as he is the deputy. So Does That mean person one + two cannot do any commands that is allocated to him and person 3 has to do it all?

Seconed Question, if person 3 leaves does that mean person 2 with the highest points is now technically the deputy and the person 1 with lowest cannot exuctute commands until he has the highest points? i.e person 2 leaves?

Thank You

ty road warrior just what i was looking for and hugin i read them posts before but did not find the answer to the question i posted

Yea i thought so, anyways just posted em to be sure :)

hmm another quick question, sorry if this is mentioned else where, power points running well on server just few problems anyone can help me clear up.

i have entered "PB_SV_RCon 25 STATUS" and when entering it in game it says globally i have just done that command, but it does not give me the access to it, as i want to know the player slots NOT PB slots as some of my commands need it. And To Use On Server Im Using "Pb_rcon status"

Is there a way i can get the status to work or can i get the player slot number by a different way in game without logging into RCON?

please most of my commands work fully by slot number, and also TELL does not work i.e whisper as it does say it as a message in console but also globally publishes it ;P

Edited by Dominator

"STATUS" doesn't work at all except in the local console? What commands use that instead of the PB slot?

And I don't know the answer to the first question because I decided not to use 100 point admins. Just experiment with it and post your findings here so that if someone googles this question later and finds this thread, at least they'll get something out of it. :)

You don't see status on the HUD ingame, maybe thats it?

Edit: You need to pull down full console to see it. Maybe you knew this but just closing in on the misunderstandings if any :)

Have you tried to add it this way: 25 STATUS without: PB_SV_RCon ?

Edited by hugin

not tried it that way but "25 status" would be unknown command as it does not know where to put it I.E the PB_SV_RCON tells it you want PB to login to rcon or bypass it to run command status if you have 25 points or more.

yes i do bring down the full console. and it says globally "Dominator Ran Command STATUS" but nothing appears.

I need to know the player slots as some commands listed below need it (also ACE mod has punishment tools)

Tempbanclient (Tempbanuser does not seem to work)

Killplayer (Acemod - /rcon killplayer 1)

Swithcspec

Switchteam

kick (i want this command as pb_sv_kick you can kick for minuets lick this pb_sv_kick 50 hahaha stupid) meaning that kicking someone for 50 mins with message hahaha stupid, even though sv_kick is set to 0 mins (might be wrong)

If There is another way to get player slot info without loging into rcon and within game, or someone got status to work this would help.

also quick note - TELL (whisper) is a bit rubbish, it whispers to the player but also globally sends out you have just issed the command whisper and says the message :D

Edited by Dominator

/rcon status = you are not logged in

/pb_sv_plist = does not work "i enter PB_SV_RCon 25 PB_SV_PLIST into console and /pb_sv_plist into console and nothing hapenes

i just need to find out how to get player slot numbers not pb slot numbers

/rcon status = you are not logged in

/pb_sv_plist = does not work "i enter PB_SV_RCon 25 PB_SV_PLIST into console and /pb_sv_plist into console and nothing hapenes

i just need to find out how to get player slot numbers not pb slot numbers

"You are not logged in" mean exactly that, you have to log in first:

/rcon login Rcon_Pass_here or /rcon_password Rcon_Pass_here depending on your game install, one of them work, then you can do your /rcon status :)

Goes for all commands you want to send to your server.

All rcon commands should be done this way after logged in: /rcon your_command

Edited by hugin

Far as I know, you need to login to get status info. After login to rcon the command is "/rcon status" and for punkbuster, it's just "/pb_plist" for kicking with pb power points, It's "/pb_kick <slot>"

Other commands you can use is "/pb_power" to see how many points people have, what is needed for a kick ect..

And pb_sv_rcon commands can be found here

http://www.punksbusted.com/wiki/index.php/PB_SV_RCon

Looks to me, It gives them only punkbuster power, I believe "status" is part of the in game commands and not a punkbuster function, so I don't think that would work for a sheriff

found a way to get the player list but its awkward, if you have XFIRE go on the server and click display raw info, it tells you there but this means alt-tabbing out if you only have the one machine or 1 moniter

if anyone knows a better way, im all ears

Edited by Dominator