COD4 Mod File Redirect Services

Merlintime

What sort of file re-direct services are most COD4 server admins using for modded servers?

Example:

When player A connects to the modded server and needs to download the files, the server allows the player to download via a re-direct site (not directly from the game server).

Thanks,

We have had no problems with people downloading from the server via FTP - no lag spikes for people connected or anything like that; even when people are downloading entire mods and maps :)

See if your server host provides a "fast download" service.

My GSP offers a free website with a game server which I plan to use for the redirect. I had the structure set up incorrectly which (I'm assuming) caused slow downloads when pulling mod files. After more reading, I adjusted the structure which seems to have resolved the slow download speeds.

I certainly appreciate the responses.

Thanks,

• 5 months later...
what changes made the difference

?

Originally I did not have the file structure on the web redirect site set up the same as the game server. Once I made the web redirect site match, the downloads worked correctly.

Example:

Game server File structure:

/cod4/mods

/cod4/usermaps

Web redirect site;

/cod4/mods

/cod4/usermaps