Question about Killcam replays

KILLIAN

Hi All,

A quick question, lets say I have a one on one with another player, i shot the player up close, on my screen the gun goes off, next minute i am killed. OK i look at the Killcam, my shot does not appear in the Killcam only the other players. I have seen this before when i have knifed someone, i can see the blood come out of them and yet again I watch the killcam and my knifed attack was not in the killcam. It likes these select few players are maybe a second ahead of your game?? Anyone got any comments?

Thanks,

Killian

I've noticed this also and think it has to do with the game. Many times I've fired at a opponent and lose yet the killcam would show I didn't even fire.

There are many factors involved however, if it's game related the fix will need to come from the developer.

The thing you have to remember is that killcam is not a recording of what happened. It is merely a simulation based on data collected from the game. Anything from lag to packet-drops can cause the simulation to be inaccurate and cause you to see the inconsistencies that you encountered.

And therefore never to be used as "seen" for possible fishy situations, Kill cam are and always be a gimmick. Nothing more. Good answer dual :)

The thing you have to remember is that killcam is not a recording of what happened. It is merely a simulation based on data collected from the game. Anything from lag to packet-drops can cause the simulation to be inaccurate and cause you to see the inconsistencies that you encountered.

Hit the Nail on the head there pal B)

If killcam was to be recorded through demo/video, the server would become under a large amount of stress due to recording saving and replaying multiple times at the same time. So It saves what goes on through a text file (or so i believe in code) Now depending if your on a server thats the worlds olympics lagothon then these kills cams, quite obviously, will lie, which makes accusing hacking through killcam a very weak case in my opinion. Cos the killcam is only for a matter of seconds and isn't worth having on :) Thats why If I see demos where people show a killcam scene in it and say "theres no way he could have seen me!!" WRONG! there could have been a part where he saw you 10 seconds ago, you just didnt know :)

But yeah most of the problem probably was lag, maybe because the server you was in is over a 1000 miles away from where you live :) B)

Tell me, did you win or lose? :P