Which folder to put pbsv.cfg in?

AlphaW0lf

Hi there,

since I just started to figure out how PB is working, I read all the information on pbbans and all the pdf-manuals, but nowhere is there a real answer on this question of mine.

It is: in which folder do I have to put the two files pbsv.cfg and pbucon in?

The manual says to put it in the root folder of PB. But is this

/.callofduty4/pb/

OR

/pb

?

My question is therefore because I uploaded the two files to /pb and issued the command "/rcon pb_sv_restart" but then it not says:

PunkBuster Client: [slot] [Type] [Mask] [Name]

PunkBuster Client: 1 1 64.27.21.46 pbbanshub

PunkBuster Client: End of PB UCON Profile List (1 Entry)

No, it just says:

The entire second line is not there, so I guess it's not reading the information in pbcv.cfg.

So, I'd like to ask you if you could give me a final answer whether to place the two files in the

/.callofduty4/pb/ folder or did I do it correct and is something else wrong?

Edit and update: I just read the pbsv.cfg folder in /.callofduty4/pb/ and there it only says:

PB UCON Settings / Lists

pb_sv_usessionlimit 0

pb_sv_ucontimeout 300

pb_sv_uconempty

pb_sv_uconignoreempty

pb_sv_load automessages.cfg

So there is no IP-address mentioned there instead of the other pbsv.cfg file I need to upload. So does this mean that I have to replace the pbsv.cfg file in /.callofduty4/pb/ with the one I downloaded from pbbans?

Edited by AlphaW0lf

Hi there,

since I just started to figure out how PB is working, I read all the information on pbbans and all the pdf-manuals, but nowhere is there a real answer on this question of mine.

It is: in which folder do I have to put the two files pbsv.cfg and pbucon in?

The manual says to put it in the root folder of PB. But is this

/.callofduty4/pb/

OR

/pb

?

My question is therefore because I uploaded the two files to /pb and issued the command "/rcon pb_sv_restart" but then it not says:

PunkBuster Client: 1 1 64.27.21.46 pbbanshub

No, it just says:

The entire second line is not there, so I guess it's not reading the information in pbcv.cfg.

So, I'd like to ask you if you could give me a final answer whether to place the two files in the

/.callofduty4/pb/ folder or did I do it correct and is something else wrong?

Edit and update: I just read the pbsv.cfg folder in /.callofduty4/pb/ and there it only says:

PB UCON Settings / Lists

pb_sv_usessionlimit 0

pb_sv_ucontimeout 300

pb_sv_uconempty

pb_sv_uconignoreempty

pb_sv_load automessages.cfg

So there is no IP-address mentioned there instead of the other pbsv.cfg file I need to upload. So does this mean that I have to replace the pbsv.cfg file in /.callofduty4/pb/ with the one I downloaded from pbbans?

Already did it by putting it in /.callofduty4/pb/ and it seems to work now :) The lines are visible only pbbans is still saying we're not streaming but I guess that's because of the update every two hours, so I'll just wait

/.callofduty4/pb/ is the one to choose

But streaming status update is live. So if your server doesn't show up as streaming, it means it's not correctly configured.

Have a look at the RCON setup and try that way.

I believe that it would be easier for you too use the rcon method of setting up streaming rather than by ftp.

With rcon there are only 7 commands and you are done :)

You can find the instructions for using the rcon method HERE - CLICK ME.

If ftp is the way you wish to go then your files should be uploaded to /.callofduty4/pb/

The information in the pbsv.cfg uyou have quoted above is not correct and you will not be able to stream using those commands - so please delete them before trying either method.

Using the rcon method will write the correct commands but if you wish to use ftp then the lines you need in the pbsv.cfg are

; ------------------------------

; PB UCON Settings / Lists

; ------------------------------

pb_sv_uconignoreempty

pb_sv_usessionlimit 9

pb_sv_ucontimeout 90

pb_sv_uconempty

pb_sv_uconadd 1 64.27.21.46 "pbbanshub" "pbbanshub"

I cannot see an application from you for a new streaming account as yet. Have you followed this link to apply yet?

http://www.pbbans.com/account_application.php

Hope this helps.

@(*0*)@

Tnx all for your help and suggestions. The last post with the webtool is the one that did it although I kept my configuration the same as mentioned in my first post and the add-on in my second post. I then used the webtool and it worked.

In the meantime I got a very comprehensive cvarlist from another clanleader and that is put into our pb-folder also, so everything works fine now and thanks to him even better and more diligent.

Again: tnx!