Bad Advertising

VforVash

I just happened upon this as I was browsing Gametracker.com (Hint: look at the ad at the bottom of the page)

Hack-ad.png

This is insane, as if we don't have enough problems with cheating as it is, now people are getting bombarded with ad's for "free hacks". I'm sending a message to Gametracker, and hope others will as well. :angry:

I doubt they'll do much about it since it's Google ads, and they didn't decide themselves to add the hack advertisement in. Google ads are also quite a good source of revenue.

Consider it a way of adding to the ban-list, and keeping the idiots off your servers.

I'd have to concur with BlackWolf. Money seems to be the driving force, here, and doubtful they'll work to much on that issue, sad but true.

I'm more interested in the muslim dating site.... :P

Google ads are what they are, and will depend a lot on your cookies, fyi, amongst other things you search for.

One reason I don't run google-ads on my own site, because I don't want that crap on there, for any reason.

Google is slowly taking over the spy-ware market, and while it might be the leading search engine, is perhaps becoming the scourge of them, as well. Food for thought.

I just happened upon this as I was browsing Gametracker.com (Hint: look at the ad at the bottom of the page)

This is insane, as if we don't have enough problems with cheating as it is, now people are getting bombarded with ad's for "free hacks". I'm sending a message to Gametracker, and hope others will as well. :angry:

To whoever it may concern, if you add on your Google Adsense code

google_safe			   = 'high';

you should be able to avoid such advertisements, or at least get less of them.

Haha, yah I use my gmail for IMAP. If you use the web access the ad-words are just creepy. You could read an email about someone's girlfriend being pregnant and get an ad for condoms lmao

I run Google ads simple because they pay well. About $2 a day comes in, so $60 a month. Covers the cost of a game server and web hosting quite well.