Server PB-Streaming or not?

Zweppy

Dear PBBans/Other Admins,

im the serveradmin of our clan, and we want to join up the fight against Cheaters.

Now there are some members affraid of getting banned by pb-streaming, and we want to know what the streaming checks and how it works?

Does it check your whole harddrive like; c:,d:, etc.. or only the maps related to the games like c:/program files/wolfenstein - enemy territory/ for cheats?

Because some members are affraid when they cheat in single player mode just for the fun, affraid of getting banned for just having fun..

I and some other members really want to make the server streaming, but we dont want to lose members we all know for several years and have allot of fun with.

Maybe its allready a question that is answered at the forum, but i have been looking on the site for almost 1hour now, and i can't find anything related to this topic.

But please answer my question, and ill post it on our site and make a sticky topic of it for all related partners of our clan.. so more people will join the streaming.

Best Regards,

Zweppy

A word of advice, if you will. Most SP "trainers" contain other items you may not be aware of, including key-loggers and cd-key stealers and other potential spyware/malware.

Our stance, here, is simple. Do not test cheats, do not use cheats.

If you do choose to set up streaming, and some of your members are banned, it will be because they've been caught with a legitimate cheat-file on their computer.

It would be advisable for you to make yourself familiar with both our ToS and the PB-EULA agreement you all click yes to, when installing punkbuster software on your computers for your games.

Just for clarification, what do you class as cheating in single player? Using commands such as /god or cheat programs that have been downloaded from the net?

Just for clarification, what do you class as cheating in single player? Using commands such as /god or cheat programs that have been downloaded from the net?

There meaning cheats downloaded from the internet, and not the commands.. So if im correct, and understanding pb-streaming will scan your whole pc for cheats that are know by the streaming.

So; key-loggers, software cracks, etc.. also will be seen as cheats by pb-streaming?

Best Regards,

Zweppy

Edited by Zweppy

Let's clarify one thing, first. PB, pr punkbuster, is software provided by www.evenbalance.com

PBBans.com is a privately run anti-cheat group that simply uses the punkbuster software as a tool to add additional anti-cheat protection options to gameservers and their admin.

The two operate independantly from each other.

There meaning cheats downloaded from the internet, and not the commands.. So if im correct, and understanding pb-streaming will scan your whole pc for cheats that are know by the streaming.

So; key-loggers, software cracks, etc.. also will be seen as cheats by pb-streaming?

Best Regards,

Zweppy

If they are afraid of getting busted by our scans when you decide to stream, they don't play clean do they?

You have more or less answered your own question in this, when actually asking if they will get caught or not ;)

thnx for all the reply's in this topic, them im affraid im not streaming our servers.. Mostly for my members.. I personally want to stream all our servers, but i've to think as a loyal member at the moment of my clan..

Sorry to announce, but i've to bann players who are cheating manual then.

I just wanna say to all of you, keep up the good work.. i really supporting you guys!

Best Regards,

Zweppy

you love the idea of streaming to catch cheaters, but on the other hand you don't care if your clanmates cheat??

am I reading this correctly??

I'm sorry to see your stance, there.

We're a zero-tolerance community here, and do not seperate cheating with regards to one player to the next. Being caught with a cheat means being added permanently to our ban-list.

If you feel the need to not stream because you're scared your friends might get caught, then I feel for your clan, as in the end, only they will suffer.

Perhaps your "friends" are only loyal because they know they can get away with cheating on your servers?

I can assure you, as well, that many of us have ended up removing a clan member or two over the years for being caught with cheat-files installed. It's perhaps disappointing when it happens, but to ensure the quality of gaming and keeping the playing field level, you'll find that SGA's, staff and forum admin alike will quickly remove such a player from their clan, rather than put up with it.

I truely wish you the best of luck.

you love the idea of streaming to catch cheaters, but on the other hand you don't care if your clanmates cheat??

am I reading this correctly??

i know my clanmates are not cheating @ all! im playing with them for over 8 years now, and im really proud to say that we're a NON cheating clan.. If some of them want to have fun in SP, then its there choice, i know when i see a cheater, and then i bann him.. If its a member of my clan, then its also a BAN 4 LIFE.. so dont worry about me not getting rid of cheaters..

The only thing is, shall i do it manual or trough pb-streaming? And my choice is manual.. so let it be that way then!

Edited by Zweppy

I'd wager a fairly educated guess that you probably have absolutely no clue when a cheater is on your server. Some of today's cheats run well outside of the actual game, and are very subtle, as well, can be toggled on and off at will.

If even one of your clan members has a cheat installed, how can you be sure they're not using it while in an online game? Are you directly looking over their shoulders as they game? Or just taking their word for it over the internet?

I can guarantee you, none of them will admit to doing so, even if they are.

i know my clanmates are not cheating @ all! im playing with them for over 8 years now, and im really proud to say that we're a NON cheating clan.. If some of them want to have fun in SP, then its there choice, i know when i see a cheater, and then i bann him.. If its a member of my clan, then its also a BAN 4 LIFE.. so dont worry about me not getting rid of cheaters..

The only thing is, shall i do it manual or trough pb-streaming? And my choice is manual.. so let it be that way then!

They are not cheating, yet, still afraid they will get caught..... Well that didn't make any sense at all, but best of luck with your server, your clan and your members.

im quiting the topic at the moment, dont want to post any more reply.. my clan & i are doing this our way from now on.

Sorry guys, you can as wel delete my account if nescesary. Dont know what you guys will do.

Best Regards,

Zweppy

Perhaps when you get tired of dealing with cheaters the hard way, you'll come back with some enlightenment.

Thread closed, pointless and going no-where.