Map Rotation Listing - Next Map

xX_Renegade_Xx

I've asked this on 2 other forums and got no replies :(

I run a hardcore server and would like to add a small addition beneath the console message that tells players what map is next, I've seen this on other servers but I am not sure of the console commands.

I can use the the say command but it displays all the maps in rotation, I'd prefer to display just the 'next map'

Can anybody help please?

Possible PB solution:

I guess you could add an exec nextmap_1.cfg, nextmap_3.cfg, nextmap_3.cfg etc to your map rotation containing pb_sv_task commands to it.

I have done something similar when changing server setting for my match server in ETQW.

But it can give you a grief if it is totally new for you I guess.

Example would be something like this in each .cfg file:

(spamming the message every 5 minutes)

nextmap_1.cfg:

pb_sv_taskempty
wait
pb_sv_task 300 300 "say ^3Next map: ^2Map#1"

nextmap_2.cfg:

pb_sv_taskempty
wait
pb_sv_task 300 300 "say ^3Next map: ^2Map#2"

nextmap_3.cfg:

pb_sv_taskempty
wait
pb_sv_task 300 300 "say ^3Next map: ^2Map#3"

Then add: ; wait ; exec nextmap_1.cfg etc

After each map in your rotation config, same way you can change game modes etc for different maps.

Not sure this is what you are looking for, but it might work.

My current map rotation

killhouse

pipeline

crash

creek

strike

citystreets

broadcast

farm

killhouse

vacant

crossfire

backlot

bog

showdown

overgrown

countdown

Hugin, you are a star, thank you very much :D

My current map rotation

killhouse

pipeline

crash

creek

strike

citystreets

broadcast

farm

killhouse

vacant

crossfire

backlot

bog

showdown

overgrown

countdown

Hugin, you are a star, thank you very much :D

Thats an map list, not your map rotation ;)

My bad, I've been busy at work :P

I've been having a think about this today while working and may have come up with a solution, I'll try it out and post back if it works, I'll try it maybe tomorrow night or at the weekend, thanks for the coding though hugin as that's what's given me the idea :D

Only thing I just found out (bean a while with Cod4 servers) is that Cod do not use any dividers than space in the rotation.

This will most likely not work with using a command like exec in the map rotation.

In other games you use ; to divide the parameters, this cant be done in a Cod map rotation unfortunately...

But you can try, but i do not think it will work at all...

The method I tried did not work, I run an 18 minute TDM Hardcore server and thought that by using the say commands based on incremental seconds it would work, unfortunately it is flawed, for example if 2 players join the server and 1 leaves, the game finishes as one side has won and then moves onto the next map, this is the flaw, based on incremental seconds the server does not know which map is which so will always display the message at the given time, this was the command I used firstly:

pb_sv_task 900 -1 "say ^5Next Map - Pipeline"

The minus 1 displays the message only once, approx 3 minutes before the map ends, but theirs the flaw, if a map fails to load or the above happens the message will still be displayed irrespective of which map is in play.

This is my server map rotation:

set sv_mapRotation "gametype war map mp_killhouse gametype war map mp_pipeline gametype war map mp_crash gametype war map mp_creek gametype war map mp_strike gametype war map mp_citystreets gametype war map mp_broadcast gametype war map mp_farm gametype war map mp_killhouse gametype war map mp_vacant gametype war map mp_crossfire gametype war map mp_backlot gametype war map mp_bog gametype war map mp_showdown gametype war map mp_overgrown gametype war map mp_countdown"

I also tried the wait commands you gave me hugin and the message did not display at all, this is my fault as I assume I'm making an error somewhere :unsure:

If you could give me a little help that would be much appreciated :D

No, it will not work at all, as the CoD series do not use dividers ( ; ) in the map rotation.

An example from other games and would most likely work:

Enemy Territory:

set d1 "set g_gametype 2 ; map battery ; pb_sv_taskempty ; wait ; pb_sv_task 300 300 say ^3Next map: ^2goldrush ; set nextmap vstr d2"

set d2 "set g_gametype 2 ; map goldrush ; pb_sv_taskempty ; wait ; pb_sv_task 300 300 say ^3Next map: ^2Battery ; set nextmap vstr d1"

vstr d1

If this would not work, just add exec's in there and separate files with the same pb_sv_task

But as said, it will not work with the CoD series unfortunately.

Oh well, at least we tried :(

Thanks for the help anyway :D

At least you know if you change game in the future, and I suggest you get your servers streaming -that way you will have access to more information in the SGA forums as well for more protection on your servers :)

I suggest you get your servers streaming -that way you will have access to more information in the SGA forums as well for more protection on your servers :)

My server is streaming :P

It streams to GV, I tried to have a server streaming here but you don't allow individuals :(