anyone from operation gaming here?

Ice Man

Im looking to try and get as many operation gaming customers here as possible... if your renting from them I would love your input... They just closed down their forums due to "junk mail and advertising spammers" when most of us who have seen the forum knew its because they are not responding to our trouble tickets...

-Dan

Dan I know there were some serious issues over there. We dropped our dedicated some time back but had a member waiting over 2 weeks without response after he ordered another server. Not really sure what is really happening.

• 1 month later...

As of 1:00 PM EST 1/8/2009 operationgaming.com has closed it's doors. Anyone who had a server with them should start immediately to find a new host for their servers. The following is a post from Airdale Ops Network http://www.airdaleops.net from 12/4/2008 about their impending crash:

Most of if not all of us enjoy gaming. We end up finding our favorite servers to play on and are driven in some cases to providing a server for the community. We offer servers because we are enamored with the game and the ability to manage our very own game machine.

Becoming a Server Admin can occur in different ways, but one and usually the most traveled path is to contract with a gaming host who provides a server and then allows you to manage a particular game of your choice.

AON has in the past recommended gaming hosts based on reliability, conscious awareness of the needs of their clients, services rendered when a problem arises, and the overall interaction between the gaming host and the client.

Last year, AON began speaking about a new comer in the industry. Operation Gaming, owned and operated by Philip Bagalanon. Philip was a common visitor to AON and more specifically to the AON teamspeak. AON became aware of Philp's desire to build a game hosting company and all indications pointed to his success. AON was offered servers to promote AON as well as Operation Gaming as a hosting service.

AON's forums spoke highly of Philips services and the attention to detail in setting up servers. One of our members, being a network expert, was directly responsible for the fine and well received services Operation Gaming offered. The good tidings and the building of great credibility continued.

As all good things seem to come to an end, we are dismayed at the prospect that a company with a great reputation and services offered seemingly falls from grace. Operation Gaming seems to have fallen off the pedestal that we all place it on.

The first indications started to show when management of Operation Gaming (Philip Bagalanon) failed to respond to his own employees. Meeting payroll was becoming an issue and then seized altogether. It has now progressed to the point where Operation Gaming does not answer phone calls, email, or any form of communication.

Though Operation Gaming servers are still up, there longevity is certainly in question. For those of you who have an 'OG' server, don't be surprised if one morning your beloved server, your labor of love, is no more.

AON now wants to inform the community that it would be prudent to plan for a failure of Operation Gaming and of course the servers that it hosts.

AON recommends that if you currently are contracted with Operation Gaming, pay the fees owed for your server on a monthly basis and not that of a long term contract. This will minimize any financial investment loss if Operation Gaming does indeed close it's doors.

If you have an Auto billing feature initiated through Paypal to pay for the server, AON recommends that you cancel the autorenewal feature and begin paying your bill manually. This well preclude any unwarranted charges against your account if you feel you need to stop payments.

It is dishearting for AON to address and recommend actions to protect yourself from the failure of service by third parties with in the gaming industry. But, when we recognize a potential for our membership to become involved with a failure of a company, we want you to know the vulnerabilities that you may be exposed too.

For those of you who may want to follow up with action of your own we are providing information that is associated with Operation Gaming.

Operation Gaming, Inc.

1144 State Street, Suite A102

Geneva, Illinois 60134

United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)

Domain Name: OPERATIONGAMING.COM

Created on: 07-Feb-07

Expires on: 07-Feb-09

Last Updated on: 14-May-08

Administrative Contact:

Bagalanon, Philip [email protected]

Operation Gaming, Inc.

Geneva, Illinois 60134

United States

6304059656 Fax --

Technical Contact:

Bagalanon, Philip [email protected]

Operation Gaming, Inc.

Geneva, Illinois 60134

United States

6304059656 Fax --

Domain servers in listed order:

DNS1.OPERATIONGAMING.COM

DNS2.OPERATIONGAMING.COM

There is an article addressing the need for Companies to notify their clients of impending failure. The link below will take you to this article.

http://www.csoonline.com/article/221322/CS..._State_By_State

AON wishes the events now surrounding Operation Gaming were not occurring. We hope that Operation Gaming can address and work through the difficulties that are occurring through lack of communications with its' own employees and their clients. AON recognizes that problems due arise, we want you as a member of this community to know that we are here to serve you and that includes educating you to what we learn that may adversely affect you or your clan.

I personally am now with Dark Forge Gaming by clicking here I encourage all who was with Operation Gaming to join Dark Forge Gaming by clicking here and get back up and running. They have Americas Army Honor, Americas Army Private, Battlefield Vietnam, Battlefield 1942, Battlefield 2, Battlefield 2142, Call of Duty, Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty - UO, Call of Duty 4, Call of Duty 5 - World At War, Counter Strike, Counter Strike Source, Crysis, Day of Defeat, Day of Defeat Source, ET Quake Wars, Fear, Front Lines FOW, Plus TeamSpeak and Ventrilo and Website hosting. I am also offering Website hosting. Just go to http://www.vetsols.net.

just to chime in here as I am seeking to look into some legal actions as I and a few other were taken for ALOT of money. PM me your info if your are owed monies, name, addy, phone to pass to my lawyers that are looking into this, it is an LLC so maybe nothing but you nvr know.

paypal can only do anything if it was in the last 45 days of a payment transaction...

I went to http://www.clan-solutions.com for my hosting as i was there almost 3 years prior to the last year of hell of OG! CS offers EVERYTHING!

CLAN SOLUTIONS FTW!!

Edited by HAMBONE