Too many GUIDs

Gunny_Hawg

Hey guys my in game name is Gunny_Hawg and I have seen in the last couple weeks one night that Someone PID spoofed me. They were using my name and PID at the same time as I was playing. I tried to track them down on the server but could not get online at the same time on the same server.

Now I notice that I have 3 guids associated with my name and that is not correct. I don't hack and know that some loser screwed with my name using some hacking crap. Is their anyway I can get these false guids that are not mine wiped off of my account. I registered my guid with PBBANS when I had my server up so they know what one is mine.

Thanks for your time

Gunny

All bans here are on GUID's not alias or IP's. It's well known that BF2 has alias spoofing hacks at the moment but the new patch should put an end to that soon!

You don't need to worry as I said above. Only the caught GUID gets banned. MPI searches for alias are not reliable.

All bans here are on GUID's not alias or IP's.

OK I know that only guids are banned. Their are 3 guids now associated with my name now. WTF happens if one of the two that ARE NOT mine are banned by this hacking NUB as they are under my name now it seems am I gonna have my game play screwed with.

Also can someone please look into who is using my name as their alias please.

THanks again,

Gunny

• 1 month later...

Ok, so gunny_hawg was on our server the other day and an ingame admin asked an SGA to run him in pbbans.

He comes up with a caught guid and a ban is issued. Gunny_hawg appeals the ban on our site with a link to this thread.

According to this thread, he should not be banned because the banned guid is not his. How do we know that for sure?

Also, his cd hash, which is his guid, right? Does not match any of the 3 associated with gunny_hawg.

Also, the ip he used the other day, on our server, when searched in pbbans mpi, comes up as "no records found"'.

Just looking for some clarification. Because if he's clean fine. But he was initially searched for a reason.

Thanks, Top

Ok, so gunny_hawg was on our server the other day and an ingame admin asked an SGA to run him in pbbans.

He comes up with a caught guid and a ban is issued. Gunny_hawg appeals the ban on our site with a link to this thread.

According to this thread, he should not be banned because the banned guid is not his. How do we know that for sure?

Also, his cd hash, which is his guid, right? Does not match any of the 3 associated with gunny_hawg.

Also, the ip he used the other day, on our server, when searched in pbbans mpi, comes up as "no records found"'.

Just looking for some clarification. Because if he's clean fine. But he was initially searched for a reason.

Thanks, Top

The way our team would deal with it would be to look at the IP he was using when you banned him, and/or the IP of his forum account, and ban if they match or are in the same city (do a Google search for "IP locator " and find one you like, I use GeoBytes), then you can feel confident that it is the same person, especially if it is a specific color/caps match or is a very unique name (I probably wouldn't ban if it were a name like "Killer" or "SniperGod"). I'm pretty sure this is standard practice for zero-tolerance clans that do good research.

Does it look like he's hacking now?

Edited by *Evil*Number1Dad

His gameplay was enough for us to run him on MPi. One of the ips with the banned guid is similar but not exact to the one he was playing with from the server (both start 74.). We did use ip locator and locations are pretty close together. So yes the ips asscoiated with the banned guid, one of them, the 74..... is very close to the area he was playing from when we banned the other day (74......).

His gameplay was enough for us to run him on MPi. One of the ips with the banned guid is similar but not exact to the one he was playing with from the server (both start 74.). We did use ip locator and locations are pretty close together. So yes the ips asscoiated with the banned guid, one of them, the 74..... is very close to the area he was playing from when we banned the other day (74......).

I would consider gathering evidence for submission if he comes back.

Edited by *Evil*Number1Dad

I don't hack never did and never will. I was claymore whoring with a ammo guy defending TV Station on Sharqi and killed one to many people and admins that game. I was PID hacked and my IP number does not change as I have it set for gaming static so if it was not a exact match it was not me sorry. My ban was lifted and I will continue to kill at the TV so bring lot's of medics lol