Streaming Causes Our Server to Crash

Ryan4Katie2005

PB_SV_Sleep [Period]

Holds the period of time (milliseconds) that the PunkBuster Server "sleeps" between processing cycles; lower numbers will cause PunkBuster to process more times each second which also may have the effect of marginally increasing the bandwidth used by PunkBuster

Could possibly try this as an option. Not sure what the default is in BF2142.

I use the default 60 seconds on COD4, and ET and it works just fine.

What is your MD5-check frequency set to in pbsvuser.cfg (if you run them?)

We've had lag issues on our BF2142 servers if we put the frequency too high.

Edit: And do you stream to any other AC sites?

Edited by Lucky_Fr4gg3r

• 2 weeks later...
What is your MD5-check frequency set to in pbsvuser.cfg (if you run them?)

We've had lag issues on our BF2142 servers if we put the frequency too high.

Edit: And do you stream to any other AC sites?

i checked and I didnt have a pb_sv_md5toolfreq setting so I did some looking and put in pb_sv_md5toolfreq 10 so I'll let you know if that did it. Keep your fingers crossed. Thanks

***UPDATE*** I put the command in and it doesnt show up when I log into 2142cc and look at PB . Is this old and not being used anymore?

Edited by deathsvapor

i checked and I didnt have a pb_sv_md5toolfreq setting so I did some looking and put in pb_sv_md5toolfreq 10 so I'll let you know if that did it. Keep your fingers crossed. Thanks

***UPDATE*** I put the command in and it doesnt show up when I log into 2142cc and look at PB . Is this old and not being used anymore?

10 is very high and will probably result in a lot of innocent PB kicks for connection issues, and also cause some lag.

I recommend you use the pbsvuser.cfg for BF2142 from the MCI, which you can find here; it has all the content you need.

You don't send these commands to your server btw, you put that line into your pbsvuser.cfg directly on your server. You should be able to edit that file through a gamepanel that your GSP have provided.

If you don't have access to your PB files, I suggest you contact them and ask them to put it in for you.

Edited by Lucky_Fr4gg3r