weird Level 1 player

Sixshot

welp, got "demoted" since the server is running "naked" for the moment while doing some load testing on the server. But while people are on and are doing testing, I ran into something strange and would like info and insights on what I was dealing with.

We have a guy who dropped by. Happens to be a Level 1 player. On the outside, it looks like your normal "I just got this game" player. He came in and played for a while. The round ends and the next map loads. But I wanted to keep tab on that guy as he joined a side that upset the balance of the teams (making it a 4v6). Yet when everyone loaded up and I see the person fully connects, he's still a Level 1.

Having spent a few times as a Level 1, I know that it doesn't take much effort to go to Level 2. I know for a fact that you need just 30 points to go to Level 2. The guy spent enough time the previous round to have already gone up a rank. Yet he's still Level 1? What's even stranger is that as a Level 1, he got sniped and went into Last Stand/Second Chance.

So what am I dealing with? I knew something was freaky with his setup and I had him kicked for it. I also took a PBSS to see if he was running anything funny but nothing abnormal showed up. As I mentioned at the start, our server is running "naked" at the moment so we do not have the server linked up nor do we have the cvar or md5 checks.

welp, got "demoted" since the server is running "naked" for the moment while doing some load testing on the server. But while people are on and are doing testing, I ran into something strange and would like info and insights on what I was dealing with.

We have a guy who dropped by. Happens to be a Level 1 player. On the outside, it looks like your normal "I just got this game" player. He came in and played for a while. The round ends and the next map loads. But I wanted to keep tab on that guy as he joined a side that upset the balance of the teams (making it a 4v6). Yet when everyone loaded up and I see the person fully connects, he's still a Level 1.

Having spent a few times as a Level 1, I know that it doesn't take much effort to go to Level 2. I know for a fact that you need just 30 points to go to Level 2. The guy spent enough time the previous round to have already gone up a rank. Yet he's still Level 1? What's even stranger is that as a Level 1, he got sniped and went into Last Stand/Second Chance.

So what am I dealing with? I knew something was freaky with his setup and I had him kicked for it. I also took a PBSS to see if he was running anything funny but nothing abnormal showed up. As I mentioned at the start, our server is running "naked" at the moment so we do not have the server linked up nor do we have the cvar or md5 checks.

well set the server up already?!

no idea what is going on with this player... you have his 8 digit guid or username?

-Dan

Hehe... yeah I know... I should have the server linked up already but lately the server has been getting intermittent lag so I've been trying hard to figure out where the issue is. I do have a couple of ideas on what's happening but I do not have concrete proof and it's only speculations for now.

As for the Level 1 player, his name is "xxxxx" and his GUID is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. I did a search for him on both here and PsB but came up with nothing. So I figure I'd come over here and ask y'all on what you guys think of it. I know it sounds wild for a Level 1 player to be using Second Chance but both a clanmate and myself witnessed it first-hand on what happened. I was in spectate mode when I saw it and my gut feeling tells me something ain't right.

Well, please post here if you heard anything about it. I'm not going to worry too much over it. But it'd be nice to know on what I was dealing with when the server is running load test w/o any defense.

Edited by fozzer
please do not post the alias and full pbguid of innocent players in a public forum section Bro