VSTR

eddiekid007

"Hi I was trying to play on your server today, and I kept getting kicked with a message about "VSTR" scripts or binds not being allowed.

I am not at all sure what that is. I had my RconTool open from our server, and I shut that down, but it still booted me. The only binds that I have changed on my config was adding our server rules to some unused keys, and my grenades to mouse button 3. The only other thing I can think of is that I have most of my graphics turned down...but that never stopped me from playing on your server before. The only major change was adding the Rcon stuff since the last time I played on your server.

If you guys have any ideas, please let me know.

Thanks."

That was the message that we received just now regarding a problem with one of our player.

My questions is what is VSTR ? I've done some google-ing but return nothing close to what it suppose to be. Hope you guys can shed me some lights.

Thanks in advance.

//---[ demo record toggle]--------------------------------//By pressing this key (F12) you can toggle a demo ON/OFF

//================================================================================

=================================

set demoon "autorecord; echo ^6Recording Demo ^7 is now ^2ON; set demor vstr demooff"

set demooff "stoprecord; echo ^6Recording Demo ^7 is now ^1OFF; set demor vstr demoon"

set demor "vstr demoon"

bind "F12" "vstr demor"

works for ET not sure about COD4 but both are same engine so logic says yes.

Edited by evilzombie

works for ET not sure about COD4 but both are same engine so logic says yes.

It does (Q3 game), although AFAIK CoD4 do not return echo's, so you have to leave those out, or just remove echo, then it will return the text string with Unknown Command instead, works well also.