Is our server streaming?

disfigured1

Server I.P: 69.12.98.120:16567

I'm an admin awaiting approval as a user for this server. I'm using this account to post, but have access to the manager's account also.

I've set up our server twice using the FTP method, which is actually a webbased tool supplied by the server provider for uploading files.

The account shows as streaming (color coded light blue).

We see Bans happening on the server they look like this in the Chat log of BF2cc: [buffer] §c1001|PBBHub|§c1001 Player §c1001_cz_ wolfisis (4c620e83)§c1001 banned for §c1001MD5TOOL (9002)§c1001

I'm able to change the greeting message for each player who joins using the $current_player options.

It "seems" everything works....

Yet when I type: exec pb_sv_uconlist into BF2cc (using the c:\ button) to verify streaming, I do not get the proper response.

Which should be:

PunkBuster Client: [slot] [Type] [Mask] [Name]

PunkBuster Client: 1 1 64.27.21.46 pbbanshub

PunkBuster Client: End of PB UCON Profile List (1 Entry)

I get nothing just the command shows up in the upper pane of the log panel of BF2 cc.

I also get no response when trying to determine the version using the line: exec pb_sv_ver

Is our server streaming?

Do I need to log in with the orginal Rcon account given by the server provider? Or can these commands be sent, and be exectuted, by anyone with "full admin" rights in BF2cc?

When we rebuild the server we recieve no bans pasted above. Yet as soon as I upload the two files to the server, issue the pb_sv_restart command, we start seeing bans. I assumed it was just a BF2cc Glitch (not recieving the streaming varification), But now I'm beginning to wonder after reading about seeing bans from other servers.

Sorry for the lack of insight, I'm just trying wrap my head around all of this....

I appreciate any help in this matter...

PS. We've used the "update PB" option in the tools provided by the server host company. So it should be the latest version of PB, on the server.

I just checked, and your server is streaming perfectly; may I recommend flagging the 'Enforce bans' option, though.

Keep in mind that the |PBBHUB| messages you receive ingame, are bans being enforced (existing bans) and bans made on other servers; this is the ''Announce bans'' flag in your server manager.

About RCON;

I'm pretty sure it is a known problem with the Battlefield series that RCON doesn't give any responses.

Personally, I've never had a single response from RCON on our BF2142 servers, neither using HLSW or 2142CC, yet (most) commands do get executed just fine.

Server is streaming just fine.

BF series RCON does not give any kind of reply - so even if the commands don't give you a reply, they are still working :)

Just don't log into anyone else's account here - it constitutes a breach of the TOS ;)

Welcome to the community :)

Thank you Fragger,

Some how I'm not surprised it was a problem with Bf2 and/or BF2cc. :blink:

I'm still not to certain exactly what all the flags do, but I'll read up on them more so as to not tax the forums for info that can be self taught. But, are you saying we haven't been enforcing any bans since the "Enforce bans" flag wasn't checked? Yikes... :o

As long as I know the server is streaming properly, I can now forge ahead.

Thanks again.

PS: will the console screen ingame give me the proper responses to sv_ commands (for future reference and use)?

I'm still not to certain exactly what all the flags do, but I'll read up on them more so as to not tax the forums for info that can be self taught. But, are you saying we haven't been enforcing any bans since the "Enforce bans" flag wasn't checked? Yikes... :o

I recommend taking a look at this, it explains everything ;)

PS: will the console screen ingame give me the proper responses to sv_ commands (for future reference and use)?

Not sure, actually. Haven't tried that before, but I'm sure someone else has.

Edited by Lucky_Fr4gg3r

Just don't log into anyone else's account here - it constitutes a breach of the TOS ;)

Welcome to the community :)

Thanks for the welcome(s) and all the quick responses.....

When will my user account be approved? It has been added to the account by the manager via the forum I.D number.

I don't want to violate the T.O.S ;).