No fog bug

Sinn-U1

Yesterday I was playing on a Karkand IO server as commander. Just as the round ended I came out of commander screen and saw that my normal screen had no fog. I was shocked to say the least. I took a screencapture. When the next round started I still had the no fog and I was stuck at my spawn point and could not move. Of course I quit the game. When I restarted my game all was well again.

The reason I am writing this is to know if this is a known bug and if it could get someone banned?

http://i366.photobucket.com/albums/oo110/m...0/screen018.png

http://i366.photobucket.com/albums/oo110/m...0/screen019.png

Edited by AcE

Yes it is a bug, although I have never seen it happen while not at a spawn point. No you shouldn't get banned for it since PBBans requires 2 punkbuster screen shots showing reduced/no fog to add a ban for that. And, since it is a glitch that happens at spawn points (and you can't move), it is pretty easy to spot as being just a glitch anyhow. If it did happen to slip through the one admins eyes, there are a lot more that also review each individual ss.

Yes it is a bug, although I have never seen it happen while not at a spawn point. No you shouldn't get banned for it since PBBans requires 2 punkbuster screen shots showing reduced/no fog to add a ban for that. And, since it is a glitch that happens at spawn points (and you can't move), it is pretty easy to spot as being just a glitch anyhow. If it did happen to slip through the one admins eyes, there are a lot more that also review each individual ss.

I can tell you from personal experience, that this bug can occur and still able to retain the ability to move normally around the map. Though I have not seen any similarly reported case. It took me a little while to realize the consequences of staying, I disconnected very quickly when it did eventually dawn on me. I was to busy sight seeing to take advantage of the situation.

Yes, its true that in the vast majority of cases, that I am aware of, you will be unable to move.

FYI: I have had the same bug/glitch in BF2142 a few times. On each occasion I have been rooted to the spot, unable to turn or move, but still, it has crossed my mind in the past what the implications might be if a player were to be screenshotted in that situation. I'm pleased to have found out here. :)