Disallowed Program/Driver [71021]

nero1960

uninstalling windows blinds fixed it for me too :P

@ganz: why are u asking, have a problem with et? i guess its a video setting of nvidia cards. NV distance fog: disabled is what appears in teh console

uninstalling windows blinds fixed it for me too :P

@ganz: why are u asking, have a problem with et? i guess its a video setting of nvidia cards. NV distance fog: disabled is what appears in teh console

oh my !! removing windowsblinds worked for u ? o_O!!! sheeeeeeit !

ya the fog thingy, is it supposed to be disabled i mean i was not sure if this was affecting me being kicked like a football from ET zzz

I unload WB first to see what happens LOL = I PAID FOR MY WB !!!!

damn....I'm running that also...just replied to Even Balance to see what they think about this proggy and why it's kicking us for this...

thanks for the help and and great FIND!!!

If you all have TT's opened, you should all update them with your windows blind findings, and as such, evenbalance will likely pay that some attention as it's a fairly popular program. I can't see them not looking into it, btw, but the more players that legitimately report it, the faster there will be an update to take care of the issue so that players who use WB will be able to continue using the program without the above issues.

Just did thx...and all I did was unload Windows Blinds and can play ET without getting kicked...Thanks PunkBuster for nothing...

You do have to remember that punkbuster, like all software, will run into issues. It's because of patience, and people such as yourself openning trouble-tickets, that these problems can and will be resolved. Perhaps if you had a better understanding of how the software works you'd not be so quick to criticize it, but instead, work with it, and be a part of the solution.

If I had a nickle for everytime I've heard someone say something like your above quote I could retire a rich man, believe me.

ok ... Windowsblinds has a conflict with PB...

Unloaded WB and i am now able to play ET.

Thx for much help ! totally appreciated !

WIll also make a note to Evenbalance too

XD

You do have to remember that punkbuster, like all software, will run into issues. It's because of patience, and people such as yourself openning trouble-tickets, that these problems can and will be resolved. Perhaps if you had a better understanding of how the software works you'd not be so quick to criticize it, but instead, work with it, and be a part of the solution.

If I had a nickle for everytime I've heard someone say something like your above quote I could retire a rich man, believe me.

Hmmm...so quickly to critize? sorry just seems like always have problems with PB but you're right can't test against everything out there...

Edited by nero1960

Hmmm...so quickly to critize? I work with software everyday where the Companies don't take the time to QA/QC their products and WE are the testers...I would be a rich man every time I had to stop and figure out their mistakes...u must be a programmer...

Nope, not a programmer of any kind. I have trouble-shot over the years, but would not put myself down as a coder of any kind at all.

One thing I can say, is that I work with ppl, and head towards solutions, rather than problems as a result of problems given. ;)

Technical support and leagues co-ordinator, here, I work with all kinds of ppl, yourself included. :)

Patience is the key, though.

One of my old adagies, if you will....

Mistakes will be made, people will be blamed.....

If we work together, solutions are much easier to find. If we work against each other, solutions will never be found. ;)

Here is a nice alternative that my dad uses on his systems'......

Visual Styles

I'm told it doesnt run in the background or anything and that it is basically made part of your OS and is supposed to kick ass!

.....and no I'm not some 13 yr old punk, I'm 35. :lol:

Hope this helps.

I personally strip Windows down. Running Vista 64x Ultimate, and got it lookin like WIN2K because I want it to perform, rather than have the bloat and the flashy colors and all of that extra memory/cpu-eating glam. I did the same with XP in the past. Just a personal-taste issue, though. I don't even run a screen-saver, or use sleep-mode for any reason....lol. Yup, I know, boring right? :P

• 1 month later...

Well ... there is some time since PB fucked up WindowBlinds, and i tryed to enable it again few days ago (since i paid for it).

Guess what ? Still not fixed ... great !

So i opened another troubleticket, but i'd like to know if anyone else was still having that issue.