Ban..?

Fredke

So hi, and sorry for the "i got banned" topic. (I guess its not even ok to post this topic) But I got a feeling that I left out saying something at the appeal.

My nick is Fredke. I've used it in several games. Cod2, Cod1, CodUO, Cod4, Wow, Ao, and so on.

I've enjoyed my games and expecially loved servers from [ar51]. I installed my call of duty.. was it on monday 13.04.2009. (Cod4 fever got me) Updated with my old patches from my memory stick. Now I test drove my cod4 and it said my punkbuster is outdated. So I went to evenbalance.com and downloaded the stuff it said I needed to get before I could play again. Then I went to play my loved server. Nothing. I played for couple days on the same server and had fun. Next day, when I got off from work, I went to my computer and opened call of duty 4 multiplayer. Ofocurse I went to my favorite server, that was [ar51]. BAM! The server said that I was banned from here by the server admin. And ofcourse I was thinking "this must be a mistake" and tried again. BAM! the same message came to my screen. I freaked out and went to evenbalance to cry my eyes out, they said I must get my GUID and appeal my ban from some site. Finally after lots of googling around I found out how to get my GUID from call of duty 4. (Ill post the screenshot I took) And went to pbbans.com. I found out I've been accused from. Type: Generetic Bind Scan. 76.89.117.126 AMERICAN (WTF) Alias: Whore. Server: 24/7 Hardcore TDM. Server log data: ->PBSV: [From #10 976c(VALID) Whore] [KEY_F12 = _toggle_hack][1 key binding match found].

Player's Approximate Location (Based on IP Location Data) is somewhere near san diego!

This is where I went nuts! What the heck! Im from finland! My name "fredke" has the finlands flag on it! My older "fake" names (They were supposed to hide me from my friends when they tried to come tease me) What were Frecure and Omnom. The omnom had 80.223.*.* and fredke had the same 80.223.*.*. Then there was the "Whore" that seemed to tag me to come from near san diego. with an ip 76.89.*.126. Now I've tried for couple hours to get to my favorite server and normal game pals to appear, with crying to evenbalance.com and pbbans.com. I can assure that i've not got from finland to the US in one night and got back to finland... I dont request to get my ban deleted (ofcourse I hoped to get it deleted) But atleast to know what the hell is going on! So this far, I've found out that i''ve been banned and the banned guy is in the US. Well anyhow. If there is someone to tell me what im accused from, PLEASE, infrom me so atleast I know why I got banned. PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! And thank you for your time to read my whining fellow gamers. ps. I'd really want to play cod4 again.

Off to work.. :(

post-138987-1239949697_thumb.jpg

post-138987-1239949767_thumb.jpg

Hi Fredke, as I explained in the pm, if the cd key you were using was an original copy of the game that was bought via a genuine retail outlet, then it looks like the cd key is now "out in the wild" so to speak.

Every reputable anti cheat site places bans by pbguid only, and as your probably aware, the pbguid is a 32 digit hexadecimal hash of the game cd key.

The cd key you have been using has somehow been picked up by a serial cheater and used to cheat with :(

This situation normally arises because some kind of malaware has found its way onto your computer that includes a keylogger so it may be worth running a complete malaware scan on your pc, just in case.

The usual type of malaware that also contains a back door keylogger, that we see, is contained in a instant lvl55 hack, or something of that type.

All that concerns us is that pbguid 9ff379ab74b18d03614eab15828d976c was used to cheat with, of that there is no doubt, and as such we will not remove the ban form the MBi.

The way forward for you is to buy an original copy of the game, but firstly make sure that there is nothing on your system that will send the new cd key to an outside source as soon as you go online with it.

footnote:

Your appeal did go through but as the violation was not raised by you the normal procedure is to delete it or deny, because the pbguid was used to cheat with but not by you.

Thats why I sent you a forum pm explaining everything as soon as you registered a forum account here.

So there isnt a possibility to like change the GUID's ban to everyone else in the planet, and yet one country gets trough? :D Should I try to cry activision to get a new key.. If thats even possible?

::EDIT::

And as fast as i knew about someone hacking my computer, I formatted it.. :)

Edited by Fredke

So there isnt a possibility to like change the GUID's ban to everyone else in the planet, and yet one country gets trough? :D Should I try to cry activision to get a new key.. If thats even possible?

::EDIT::

And as fast as i knew about someone hacking my computer, I formatted it.. :)

If you have proof of purchase, that is fairly recent, you can try a mega whine to activision and see if they are feeling benevolent :rolleyes:

Did you find malaware on your computer or did you just format to be on the safe side ?