I guess I do not get an answer?

=XE=Death-GOA

I guess this ban of an admin is not worthy of talk or question???? I asked a legit question about a bind and ban and am getting nothing from you guys??

If I type in that bind and have no cheats on my computer will I be banned? I am a founder of an anti cheat community and have never cheated. If I do this bind and get banned and it is not released....then I call BS.

Duality posted in your last thread telling you that they ARE figuring this out. Please give them some time to make a public post on this there is no need to keep making new topics :)

If I type in that bind and have no cheats on my computer will I be banned?

Yes it is possible if a server is setup to scan BINDs and you bind a known cheat cvar / bind but if anyone puts for example a bind _toggle_hack in their binds I don't think they are very aware of anti-cheat imo.

Bottom line is

1. don't blindly type in commands that people tell you to. If you are unsure post it at an anti-cheat site to verify if it's valid.

2. never use 3rd party configs.

Keep those two in mind and you should never have a problem.

Right I understand that you dont type things like that in. My question is, why if you do not have a cheat on your computer would this be a permanent ban? I understand you have to be dumb for typing in anything like that, guess stupidity is a banable offense. Still confused to the other admins stating you had to have something downloaded for it to consider you to be cheating by using that bind command. Thanks

How about the ban and lift on the admin for the same reason? Any ideas why he commited the same offense and then was exonerated?

it is my understanding that if a bind to a known cheat is found during a bind scan, it is a ban. isn't this what the " Enable Hub Bind Queries" flag is for?

it has been said a couple of times that the situation will be handled. no need to keep bringing it up.

Edited by HSMagnet

My question is, why if you do not have a cheat on your computer would this be a permanent ban?

Because it's a method of detecting private hacks that is very effective. Cheat sites are always advancing and we must do the same.

How about the ban and lift on the admin for the same reason? Any ideas why he committed the same offense and then was exonerated?

The ban was lifted because it was part of a test to validate an appeal claim. The admin tried various scenario's with the binds until the system recognized it as a bannable offence. This is part of our quality control. We rarely conduct such tests on the live Hub but they are sometimes necessary since our test Hub isn't always online. We do not conduct any tests that involve using actual cheats on any public or streaming servers.

I will assume this is about =XE=Bodies ban found at http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-viewban-b464093f-vb123707.html

and

http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-viewban-a84f5151-vb124225.html

Edited by MaydaX
Added another ban link

Yes sir it is about Bodies. While digging around on this site I also found a ban on him for an aimbot in 08 before he became =XE=. Thank you guys for helping me understand this. I will do more thorough back ground checks on my people before giving them tags. He has 3 guid's and 2 of them are banned. lol

Thanks again and sorry for being a lil pushy, was just trying to give this kid a chance. Looks like that backfired on him.