Access to SGA Section

trippz

Waddup fellas. I have a suggestion that I would like to drop in here to see some input on. I understand that the SGA section of the forums is limited to streaming game admin as another attempt for the admin of this site to create incentive to get more people to stream to their servers. I would like to suggest, however, that you expand that access to not only SGA's but also to former SGA's. I myself have streamed to many of my servers in the past. Probably dozens. My little clan pretty strictly plays only the Battlefield series of games. Well as I am sure you know, the sun is setting on BF2 and very few people are playing it now mainly due to EA not giving a shiat about getting new patches out. So to make a long story short, our clan has given up on BF2 and our BF2 servers and are awaiting BF1943 and Bad Company 2 to be released in the coming months. So here I am, a loyal PB streamer whom has had some good input on SGA conversations in the past and has more to offer, has donated in the past,...etc, and I am restricted from access to the SGA section of the forums. Just seems wrong to me. Why not give some of the former streamers access to this section? Input much appreciated... :jam: :BigB: I would also like to get full access to the MBL but I am sure that is out of the question :P .

Edited by trippz

Were would we draw the line, ex-streamers /donators/cheat submissioner's etc etc. :P

The rules are quite simple, pass the vetting protocols in place, stream a server and once streaming is confirmed an auto upgrade in forum status/access levels.

I can not see anything changing re that rule in the near or distant future.

I knew that would be the first question. Where to draw the line. Well maybe say for ex-SGA's that have not been streaming for say less than 6 months? So, a SGA gets to retain all access to forums for up to 6 months after that SGA has quit streaming. Maybe even say they get to retain access for up to 9 months after streaming if they have donated over $X in the past year. Just a thought. I think you are missing out on good input from former SGAs that no longer have access and I think that it is unfair to loyal streamers and donators. :dunno:

Edited by trippz

Then thats our loss Bro :)

As an ex SGA yourself you are aware of all that the upgraded access levels bring, (forum/mci/msi/mpi etc etc) and your also aware of what you have to do to attain those self same access levels.

Like I said, the rule will not change now or in the distant future.

I would like to jump on board with this topic to say that PBBans relies solely on donations and an all volunteer Staff to continue providing our services to the community. Unlike other seemingly greedy a/c sites that offer access/services for the sake of a monthly fee....not a donation....our services remain "free" to the community. The policies, restrictions, and forum access levels are all based off of different variables depending on the individual/group (i.e. League Admin, SGA, member, etc.). Access beyond the normal variables isn't an issue with prior status nor donations....but one of a data security concern. Those individuals who have met all of the criteria for elevated permissions must maintain these requirements in order keep the level of access granted. Once one of the criteria slips below the necessary levels then our system will automatically adjust the user's forum access.

This is PBBans and all bans are accessible by anyone. No delayed lists here.

http://www.pbbans.com/mbi.php

Yea I apologize, I meant the MPI not the MBL....

I would like to jump on board with this topic to say that PBBans relies solely on donations and an all volunteer Staff to continue providing our services to the community. Unlike other seemingly greedy a/c sites that offer access/services for the sake of a monthly fee....not a donation....our services remain "free" to the community. The policies, restrictions, and forum access levels are all based off of different variables depending on the individual/group (i.e. League Admin, SGA, member, etc.). Access beyond the normal variables isn't an issue with prior status nor donations....but one of a data security concern. Those individuals who have met all of the criteria for elevated permissions must maintain these requirements in order keep the level of access granted. Once one of the criteria slips below the necessary levels then our system will automatically adjust the user's forum access.

I figured it was all automated but I figured maybe some adjustment in the programming could be done but I am sure that is too much trouble and as they say...if it ain't broke dont fix it...right? Well I cant say I didnt try.... :poke:

Im gunna go take a huge poop now. Good day.