name-spoofing

NBH Stormy

Hi there,

today I got banned from a BF2 server. I asked the admin why this happende and he said my name would be on record on pbbans.com for cheating... couldn't possibly be I thought so I checked it

I checked the pb list on punksbusted.com, no entry.

I checked the list on pbbans.com with my GUID no entry...

Then I looked for my username and yes, I found an entry.

Stormy01 is indeed on record for cheating but with the wrong GUID

So, what can we do about it? I have no issues if I want to JOIN a server because it's not my GUID that was banned but if somebody checks on my name he'll say I'm a cheater

Ok, you clearly state that the alias search should not be used to identify cheaters but some admins use it nevertheless. Personally I think it came in handy as a reason to ban me... they didnt want to search for my GUID 'cos they already found my name. You cant imagine the wave of insults I received in their forum for being so bolt to actually want to talk to them about the issue.

All I can say for my defense is: I have only one account, only one original BF2 meaning only one CD-Key and therefore only one GUID.

Long story short: what can I do about it? I mean what can I do about my name being on the Master Player Index?

Regards:

[NBH] Stormy01

Well, first of all, the MPI data won't be altered, so your name will stay on the banned GUID unfortunately.

However, the admins apparently can search for aliases, so they should be able to view the MPi data behind the GUID too. If they actually looked, they'd find a list of 85 aliases on 1 GUID. So either the owner is nuts and made 85 accounts, or he is spoofing names (or both). I vote for the spoofing, seeing the amount of aliases. They should have known better before banning you.

Well, first of all, the MPI data won't be altered, so your name will stay on the banned GUID unfortunately.

However, the admins apparently can search for aliases, so they should be able to view the MPi data behind the GUID too. If they actually looked, they'd find a list of 85 aliases on 1 GUID. So either the owner is nuts and made 85 accounts, or he is spoofing names (or both). I vote for the spoofing, seeing the amount of aliases. They should have known better before banning you.

This.