Multi Guid's

UB_Dragon

I have a member looking to join our group, I always check guid's before ever thinking about it.

This player shows he had 8 guid's for cod-4, (1 linked with a ban) i asked him how he had so many and he said it was due to a hardware change, from what I understand your cd key generates your guid!

(ohhh, BTW) I did use a cd key from a fried to see if w@w would work on my pc, thats why i show 2 guids, I did purchase after it worked fine

any help appreciated!

and before we get to the guid ban from PB, we declined his application just for it, one of our requirements!

Edited by UB_Dragon

well, i just checked my guid from cod-4 and see I have 1 guid for all my games played, and I have done multi changes to my system, I call BS on this one,

this player will not be joining my group!

guid.jpg

actually i would like to get some profesional PB feedback on this, thanks

these next few links is what I am worried about, someone having 10+ guid keys!

like this one

http://www.pbbans.com/mpi/results.php?srch...mp;safeview=yes

i searched ctrl3, and fork comes up, does this mean fork changed his name to ctrl3?

and this is another attached to the name

http://www.pbbans.com/mpi/results.php?srch...mp;safeview=yes

Linked GUID's are not always from the same person. Linked guid = that guid has played on one of the same ips as the guid you are looking at. People with dynamic IPs will generally have 50-100 ip addresses and can have just as many linked guids because of it.

Hackers are Hackers.

Read Big_Guy's post, and perhaps re-think things a bit. Depending on how you search the MPI will depend on what results you get.

A suggestion, if I may make it. For my own clan, I request that an applicant supply the last 8 characters of his GUID in his application, and search the MPI based on the supplied GUID.

If you base a search on his in-game name only, or on his IP(could be IP at that moment) you will come up with results that are somewhat mis-leading. IP's, especially on ISP's that use dynamic IP's can show a large number of GUID's for one player, just because that IP is getting handed out to someone new as often as every 15 minutes, and they don't even likely know of each other's existence, let alone play games on each other's computers or share game keys.

In-game name searches can be even more random.

Go ahead and search my in-game name for COD4 sometime. It's WT|RoadWarrior

You'll find that by name I am linked to some player in Brazil, who decided to clone my name in the game. I prolly banned the little prick on my server at one time, so he cloned me and then went and cheated, and got caught. That's an example, and in the end, means nothing, to anyone wanting to game with me, or look at me as a potential applicant, if I were to leave my clan.(Nope, not planning on that, btw ;) )

this cant be right info, not like i am trying to start an argument

look at my info

I have had 2 PC's both with major hardawre changes, I have changed IP's many times, yet 1 guid for each game except W@W, I used a friends to see if it would work on my PC, it did, went out and bought a copy!

A hardware change will not give you a new GUID. The GUID is an encrypted version of the CD-Key and is unique to that CD-Key.

As Big_Guy and RoadWarrior mentioned in prior posts, linked GUIDs primarily result from dynamic IP addresses. Try your search on the MPi by pulling the players current GUID from your server logs rather than searching by player alias. Then conduct your due diligence by reviewing the linked GUIDs for common aliases, etc.

This should help you make an informed decision regarding applicants.

look me up i think it said that i had 11 different guids according to what i saw on here when i looked up my name i have only had one copy of cod4. once again synister thanks for banning me for no reason.

Edited by GoldenChild

first off, thanks everyone for your input, I had questions I came here for answers.

@ roadwarrior

what do you do when they flat out lie and make excuses for multi guid's?

this was his responce

<quote>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just for the record i have bought bf2 2 or 3 times because of the quality of the disc produced by EA hence the abundance of cd keys, i have also bought COD4 3 times because i have lost the cd whilst moving 3 times in the last 3 years & because i have moved my IP has changed as my service providers have also changed.I also own a legal OEM disc of windows XP & Vista, I have also upgraded my pc over the last 3 years many times and used parts from my old pcs on other pc's, everytime you change software & hardware your GUID changes as it deos when you change your service provider. I am a novice pc builder.I have never in my life used or dowloaded hacking software & would be willing to be screened by any governing body.

<end quote>

then he sent text messages back and forth with someone who got banned.

first off, this guy gets banned

http://www.pbbans.com/mpi/results.php?srch...amp;safeview=no

then this other guy tells him how to change IP's, tells him to pick a new name and sends him a guid key.

I paid for my key, it was not cheap, i am sick off all these CLEAN guid's that are not LEGIT! they pass these things around like cookies ! ! ! clean unpaid for guids are worse then hacking! even if they are not hacking !

everytime you change software & hardware your GUID changes as it deos when you change your service provider.

Not true. 1 CD-Key = 1 GUID.

that's what I thought, so whats the guy hiding then? just seems real fishy to me that's all.

whats your opinion on false cd keys?

I have had 6 IP's moved to a different city an changed providers. Plus many hardware upgrades on my pc over last 2 years (No original parts left). An i still only have one guid in each pb enabled game i play.

So i agree with

Not true. 1 CD-Key = 1 GUID.

233 ip's used by me and look up my name and look at the list of cod4 guid's only 1 is me ........... the rest....... i guess i have people around me that play cod4 :D

well this has been a real eye opener, This is something I am going to use much more when people want to join our group. If other groups want a player that lies about guids and needs to change IP's for some unknown reason then they can have them!

GAME ON!

There are many players out there, with regards to BF2 that have multiple GUID's. One reason for this, aside from wearing out the CD/DVD-set, is also for buying different release-versions of it. Losing something the size of a game-cd case during moving? Yup, I can see that happenning. This is why we suggest searching them by their current GUID, and as LoneHawk stated, due your due-dilligence accordingly. Ultimately, the decision of who joins your clan, or plays on your server are not up to us. You asked for information, and we've provided it. Your personal decisions with your servers and clan's best interests in-mind are completely up to you, as we do not control game servers or clan's inner-politics and workings. We work to keep cheaters off servers, and provide tools to assist in doing so.

RW

Indeed this has been an eye opener, I'm grateful for the questions that have been

asked, regardless of those who don't like the answers. :rolleyes:

I personally have used the MPi to check every single GUID of anyone who applies to

my clan for membership.

Thank you pbbans STAFF for your time, knowledge and tools to help the gaming

community :) a better place.

When I first started pulling information from PBBans' repository, I had no idea what I was looking at, lol. Anyway, after looking at a ton of stuff, plus reading a bunch of posts, I've found that the information/advice given by the staff here, to you, was spot-on, IMO. If somebody has a dynamic IP, and there are a lot of folks that play that particular game, in their location, you can generate a bunch of links that are, well, just links. Anyway, once you get an idea of what you're looking at, the information that you can pull from here has tremendous value, when evaluating a potential recruit.

However, if and when somebody has a situation like this, and they're an SGA, I would recommend keeping it out of the "Community Forums". Well, that's just my opinion.

As far as the guy you're looking at, take a hard look. Personally, it appears that he's...

Edited by Osoloco

Hi all, I am the said man in question, nothing fishy here dragon.The information that you copied and pasted below was not posted by my knowledge on a +UB+ server i had put this information on a |DM| web page for |DM| members.(HOW did you get it) :)

I admit that i was wrong with the information about the GUID as i am a novice as clearly stated below,I dont hack or cheat i have paid for every game i have bought online which will have some kind of digital trace somewhere.

I have a dynamic line(i think thats right)...lol

here is the last 8 digits of my GUID bbaff68d its CLEAN! but check for your self!

Thank You |DM|_SycoSumatic

first off, thanks everyone for your input, I had questions I came here for answers.

@ roadwarrior

what do you do when they flat out lie and make excuses for multi guid's?

this was his responce

<quote>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just for the record i have bought bf2 2 or 3 times because of the quality of the disc produced by EA hence the abundance of cd keys, i have also bought COD4 3 times because i have lost the cd whilst moving 3 times in the last 3 years & because i have moved my IP has changed as my service providers have also changed.I also own a legal OEM disc of windows XP & Vista, I have also upgraded my pc over the last 3 years many times and used parts from my old pcs on other pc's, everytime you change software & hardware your GUID changes as it deos when you change your service provider. I am a novice pc builder.I have never in my life used or dowloaded hacking software & would be willing to be screened by any governing body.

<end quote>

then he sent text messages back and forth with someone who got banned.

first off, this guy gets banned

http://www.pbbans.com/mpi/results.php?srch...amp;safeview=no

then this other guy tells him how to change IP's, tells him to pick a new name and sends him a guid key.

I paid for my key, it was not cheap, i am sick off all these CLEAN guid's that are not LEGIT! they pass these things around like cookies ! ! ! clean unpaid for guids are worse then hacking! even if they are not hacking !

Hey Dragon are you reading the same topic and post that Everyone else is reading??? Because you said you were coming here for answers with it seems to me they have given you and your not listening. Your just making up your own answers!! lol Are you and synister sisters? You must be i know he runs the clan and all but man you two sure do act alike.

Edited by GoldenChild

• 2 weeks later...

It is amazing how someone comes and makes a post to find some answers to some questions and children then in return hijack the post and turn it into a flaming contest.