What does it take to get Pb banned?

Aixzo

I came back to BF2 about a week ago. I started playing and got my edge back after a while. I went into this Brazilian server =UBR= karkand or something (I tried appealing the ban on their website, but I don't understand whatever language its in). After a while the top of the screen said I was being banned and added to PBBans, or something along the lines of that. Now whenever I go into a server and get people/clan members complaining, I get banned from that server becuase I'm on PBBans. I checked my GUID and character name to see if it was on the master ban list on this website, but nothing showed up.

Is the ban list there using a community run / nonofficial list where anyone can add to it (Including frustrated admins)? Its what I've assumed since I can't find my GUID or Character name on any ban list, and probably the most important part, I wasn't hacking or exploiting in the first place.

ef8ad8a8 - Last 8 digits of my guid.

Aixzo - Alias

http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-viewban-68efffdf-vb54750.html

This ban that is linked to your IP and has your alias on it is probably the answer why they banned both the clean key and the banned key.

Not to mention that the clean CD Key you provided is leaked and linked to this ban also:

http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-viewban-9985d5a4-vb55527.html

Edited by .hack//Azure Kite
  • Upvote 2

Well that explains it all. Thanks.

Death_ownage_ace = old friend, borrowed him my cd key. We stopped playing at least a year ago though. The 3rd guy on the list I've never heard of. One of them must have hacked on it. Beats me.

Anyway, how would I go about cleaning all this up and playing on a clean slate? Do I just need to spend 20 bucks and buy a new game? Or is there more involved?

Death_ownage_ace = old friend, borrowed him my cd key. We stopped playing at least a year ago though. The 3rd guy on the list I've never heard of. One of them must have hacked on it. Beats me.

Anyway, how would I go about cleaning all this up and playing on a clean slate? Do I just need to spend 20 bucks and buy a new game? Or is there more involved?

there is no "cleaning it up" those links will always be there. guard your cd-key like it was a bank number

you do need a clean cd-key purchased from a reputable retailer. that is about the best you can do

then you will only be linked by IP to the bad info

Indeed you have to buy a new game (=new guid).

We ban guids and not names or IP's.

To make sure you start clean, change your IP as well.

• Upvote 1

Indeed you have to buy a new game (=new guid).

We ban guids and not names or IP's.

To make sure you start clean, change your IP as well.

+1

i always forget the changing your IP part