Stream enable but Cheaters can play on

Desseloch

Dear PBbans staff,

one BC2 server of our customer 95.171.36.104:11040 is correctly streamed but they tested his protection by playing with a different Key using Aimbot.

The result: The player with aimbot can play without any problem.

My question is: Did they miss some step ? Are there problem with your stream about aimbot ?

If is possible I'd like to solve this issue by email.

Kind Regards,

Cristiano

one BC2 server of our customer 95.171.36.104:11040 is correctly streamed but they tested his protection by playing with a different Key using Aimbot.

Ut oh... They did what?! Whether or not they'll continue to be allowed to stream will be down to staff when they see this.

95.171.36.104:11040 Flags

PBBans Options

Accept MD5 Bans | Accept PB Bans | Enforce Bans

External Bans

Enforce EBL - Level 1 | Enforce EBL - Level 2

Accept MD5 Bans | Accept PB Bans |

are pointless with Enforce Bans enabled.

They either don't have the MCI data for BF:BC2 loaded into their Punkbuster configuration or the aimbot software isn't yet known to PBBans/Punkbuster's anti-cheat data.

http://www.pbbans.com/forums/a-simple-policy-statement-t28616.html aka Don't Test Cheats!

Why ? they are testing your protection and when it works they will lost an Original Key by your ban ... I think is good to protect their server.

They want only play without cheaters on their servers not more ...

How can I help them to set correctly the streaming ? Can you link me any tutorial please ?

NB: don't delete their server from your DB , my request is for HELP and not to BAN them...

Edited by Desseloch

Why ? they are testing your protection and when it works they will lost an Original Key by your ban ... I think is good to protect their server.

Once caught by us they are no longer allowed to stream. The reason does not matter. So...

DO NOT CHEAT

..., period.

How can I help them to set correctly the streaming ? Can you link me any tutorial please ?

NB: don't delete their server from your DB , my request is for HELP and not to BAN them...

http://www.pbbans.com/info-center-hubguide.html

They haven't been caught cheating yet by us, so we won't... for now.

Then this IP is not allowed to have PBBANS or only the game Server ?

On the same IP there are other customers.

As I already advised you, have them drop the unecessary flags which I pointed out and ensure the have the games MCI data in their configuration.

All information on streaming is in the Info Centre (see the main menu). Their SGA has access to more resources than you so really he should be following this up - or have him add you to the account.

And as to the why: if you read the thread then you would know why. PBBans has staff which test cheats and there is a zero tolerance stance on hacks. Testing hacks makes them hackers and hackers get banned - that's the whole idea of it.

Depends on the case. I wouldn't try to find out, to be honest.

Topic closed. Follow the link I posted earlier or hop on IRC for assistance.