Alien Swarm for Free

MaydaX

Alien Swarm is a game and Source SDK release from a group of talented designers at Valve who were hired from the Mod community.

Available free of charge, the game thrusts players into an epic bug hunt featuring a unique blend of co-op play and squad-level tactics. With your friends, form a squad of four distinct IAF Marine classes. Plan your attack using an unlockable arsenal of weapons with countless loadout configurations against a wide variety of aliens.

Blaze your way through an overrun, off-world colony, eradicating the alien infestation in environments ranging from the icy planet's surface, to a subterranean lava-flooded mining facility.Along with the game get the complete code base for Alien Swarm that features updates to the Source engine as well as the SDK. Alien Swarm adds 3rd person camera, depth of field, improved dynamic shadows and a wide variety of gameplay additions to the Source engine.

• Tactical, 4 player co-op action game with a top-down perspective
  • Complete game code and mod tools
  • Unlock persistent items by gaining levels
  • Over 40 weapons and equipment with countless loadout configurations
  • 4 unique classes and 8 unique characters
  • Matchmaking, Steam Cloud, Steam Stats
  • 64 achievements
  • Tile-based map generation tool
  • Powered by Source and Steam

http://store.steampowered.com/app/630/

Available: 19 July 2010

Should be fun after all, it's free.

It's out now and I must say I'm impressed with the quality of this game. Nice clean menus, sdk with mod tools, a map editor, console, dedicated servers and more.

Also makes it very easy to play with friends by having a list scroll in the lower part of the screen of friends playing the game. Just click and you can join them.

Good for some point and click fun for sure.

http://img832.imageshack.us/g/swarm2010071919443281.jpg/

Just finished the campaign, and holy hell that was hard AND a lot of fun at the same time.

Teamwork is key in this game. Going off alone usually means death.

Parasites are your worst nightmare. If you get infected, you'd better be near a medic PERIOD or else you're dead.

Very impressed by this game. Graphics run smooth, gameplay really addicting and simple/pick-up. Overall, great and awesome, and I cannot wait to see mods/custom maps for this game.

Only problem is that it does get laggy at times and people stutter around, but figures since it just launched.

Quoting from a fellow teammate after we beat the campaign: "Free game of the year."

Edited by .hack//Azure Kite

I don't remember if it required sv_cheats 1. Because if it did, it can only be used in MP if you set sv_cheats to 1 and then be the lobby's leader-thingy. If not, then yes, can be used everywhere at all times. :)

While we're here... me & Sq need more people to play with :D Anybody with a mic for TS3 up for it? :D

~

/*Pisi*/