Battlefield 3 BETA

Kite

Get Access to the Battlefield 3 Beta

Want to be among the first to get hands-on with Battlefield 3? If you own Medal of Honor Limited Edition you will receive an invitation to the Battlefield 3 beta within 12-months following the release of Medal of Honor.

----

Battlefield 3 Beta Details

Beta offer is contingent on Beta availability within 12 months of Medal of Honor release. Beta will be available for a limited time only and offer expires upon close of Beta events. Participation in Beta requires acceptance of Beta Agreement. Must be 18+. Xbox GOLD membership required for Xbox users. Check this site for further details when available.

http://www.medalofhonor.com/battlefield3

http://www.ea.com/1/beta

Expected somewhere between October 12, 2010 and October 12, 2011.

Bleh, still won't pre-order MoH just for this though.

If EA/DICE keeps up their crap with server restrictions on these newer games, then they can keep BF3, because I will not buy it. And I am not buying MoH either. As I said before, I will stick with COD4 and COD5.

Isn't the limited edition only available for pre-orders and not available once the game ships? If so it's just another marketing ploy to get people buying the game before seeing it.

Public betas are being used to sell games when they should be used to find bugs. They should not require people buying other games to gain access.

How long before it goes the MW2 route offering toys like night vision goggles.

Sad when selling another game comes before making a better product. EA treats them as demos more than betas. So ends up being $60 for the BF3 beta then another $50-60 for the retail product.

Versions of the software, known as beta versions, are released to a limited audience outside of the programming team. The software is released to groups of people so that further testing can ensure the product has few faults or bugs. Sometimes, beta versions are made available to the open public to increase the feedback field to a maximal number of future users.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_testing#Beta_testing

You would think a software developer wants as much feedback as possible to make a better product.

One company that offers public betas available to anyone without any commitment is Microsoft. Imagine if MS said "Pre-order Windows 7 and get access to the beta." or "Pre-order Windows Vista to gain access to the Windows 7 beta due out within 2 years". There would have been fewer testers and more bugs would have been missed.

Also a poll is running on the EA forums:

Will using Battlefield 3 change your decision to buy Medal of Honor?

Yes - 5.85%

No - 85.64%

I was going to buy before BF3 - 8.51%

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/medal-honor-series/1267117-will-battlefield-3-change-your-decision-buy-medal-honor.html

You would think a software developer wants as much feedback as possible to make a better product.

QFT!

I'll see how this goes, I've stopped pre-ordering any games for the time being.

lol got an email touting the new trailer with linkin park

As posted on another forum:

"Looks like half single player game play maybe and half actual movie. Seems like a waste of money to produce the actual movie part of that trailer. Would have like to have seen that money spent on creating mod tools."

Almost every EA promo looks good but the actual games often fall short. SP may be worth playing since it's based on Unreal 3.

As posted on another forum:

"Looks like half single player game play maybe and half actual movie. Seems like a waste of money to produce the actual movie part of that trailer. Would have like to have seen that money spent on creating mod tools."

Almost every EA promo looks good but the actual games often fall short. SP may be worth playing since it's based on Unreal 3.

i didn't even watch it

i just deleted the mail

Edited by HSMagnet

Now i been reading that BF3 is going to be a port over from xbox360 if this is true the game will be a waste of time and money.

http://bf3nation.com/2010/08/battlefield-3-is-being-ported-fffffuuuuuuuuuuuu-dice/

Needs confirmation I think although if it is confirmed then it's a sad day for a lot of us eagerly awaiting this games release.

I remember the first time I booted up BF2, omg, what a game! Happy days and then I found a shiny new jet :lol:

They will most likely be ports from now on. It is easier to make a ported game rather than a game that is not ported. All EA sees is $. They could care less what people say what should be done on a certain game. They will not listen.

The only real way to hurt EA is to not buy their products. When a lot of people stops buying their products, then they will re-think their strategy and then they will (maybe) listen to the players and communities. That depends on how much they are willing to listen to the customer.

Remember,

No customers for EA = No money for EA.

And with that, their stock prices would plummet and the shareholders would sell their stocks and EA would go into bankruptcy. It's called business. It is a cruel world out there and businesses are always trying to be the best. If they fail, then they pay the price.

Here is their share prices as of right now:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=ERTS

• Upvote 1

The only real way to hurt EA is to not buy their products. When a lot of people stops buying their products, then they will re-think their strategy and then they will (maybe) listen to the players and communities. That depends on how much they are willing to listen to the customer.

Remember,

No customers for EA = No money for EA.

As true as that is I don't think it will happen, call it hype or just a well-made trailer that gives the illusion of a great game, it's only after buying it that some of us realise just how bad it actually is.

Typical example, Codemasters releasing Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising, they dropped support for the game and the community but announced recently a new Operation Flashpoint game called Red River which will be released next year.

Another dev, Kaos Studios releasing Frontlines Fuel of War, I watched this game for about 3 months before release and when it was released Kaos seemed to drop all support and help for the gamers on the forums who were having problems, low and behold Kaos studios have a new upcoming game called Homefront.

From the look of the trailer of one of those they will still sell so it seems no matter how bad a dev is people will still buy their games.