black Screenshot??

antigol

Hi, i have a screenshot to show

Posted Image

Why it's black??

We take many screenshot of this guy and all are black.

But when we take a screenshot from another player it's fine and we see without problem.

Could be several things......the worst being a screenshot blocker (part of a cheat). Have you tried making a demo of this player? Have you contacted this player about this?

Ask the player to make sure they have the latest video drivers installed for their video card.

I have a demo of this player, but i dont know if he plays soooo good or something else . :unsure: If you want, i can upload it.

Edited by antigol

Found this little jewel of an explanation for ya....direct for Tony Ray of EvenBalance:

We've had some commotion over black pb screenshots, can you please clear this issue up?

Evenbalance|Tony: This is a pretty complex issue. Basically, PB gets the screen buffer from the DirectX interface. Some versions of DirectX in combinations with certain video cards are buggy. On machines with the buggy combination, the DirectX interface sometimes returns the wrong buffer to PB. This happens mostly on systems with 2 monitors - that is how you can sometimes see a player's background or task manager (players should make sure to run the latest versions of DirectX and their video drivers if at all possible to avoid this). For some newer video cards, PB just always gets an empty buffer instead of what the player is seeing, this is what causes the black screens. I'm not aware of any bug that can cause only a crosshair to show up on a black screen. For now, admins just need to give players the benefit of the doubt unless they sometimes get real screens and sometimes black from the same player - that would definitely indicate a hack. We are planning a full rewrite of PB's screenshot facility to address these and other issues with PB screenshots and related hacks. Keeping up with cheats is the priority, but we'll get to this as soon as we can.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i have a screenshot to show

Posted Image

Why it's black??

We take many screenshot of this guy and all are black.

But when we take a screenshot from another player it's fine and we see without problem.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That not a cheat man.... i know this player.... and he's not cheating..... no le busques la quinta pata al gato... el chabon la agita mal en el uo y en el cod comun

he just hasnt been back in so i could ban him...

There's no need to wait for him to come back just go through your server logs find his GUID and ban it.

:rolleyes:

Crow...if you would update your profile here in the forums.....we could validate your account to a higher status.....if you are a server admin.

Guess what little jewell I found.....

B|B server was already streaming :o

[07.25.2005 23:38:18] |7357| New Connection (slot #5) 62.197.100.31:28960 [?] ^9=^2M^9.^2D^9.^2R^9=^2T^9@^2Z

[07.25.2005 23:38:18] |7358| Player GUID Computed b0078831fcd953be945fc9d5a0512ac8(-) (slot #5) 62.197.100.31:28960 ^9=^2M^9.^2D^9.^2R^9=^2T^9@^2Z

[07.25.2005 23:41:58] |7375| Auto Screenshot 000318 Requested from 5 ^9=^2M^9.^2D^9.^2R^9=^2T^9@^2Z

[07.25.2005 23:42:36] |7376| Screenshot /home/cres/.callofduty/pb/svss/pb000318.png successfully received (MD5=FE2B7F0FA356012147013A9EB82C1C7F) from 5 ^9=^2M^9.^2D^9.^2R^9=^2T^9@^2Z [b0078831fcd953be945fc9d5a0512ac8(-) 62.197.100.31:28960]

Prime candidate for adding to the MBI :)

• 4 weeks later...

I dont play COD nor do i intend to but 1 ss of a red Xhair doesn't say cheat to me just a colored Xhair.

PS....I like your "cheaters" image lol.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thank you may copy it if you like or did you already you sneaky lol eiter way np mate