Temp Ban?

Hello, I got banned and I am listed on the temp ban list. So my question is what makes it a "temp" ban list? Is it only a 1 month ban? what is temp about it?

Just to clear myself (I have to)

I was but I wasn't cheating...lol. I do use a well known DETECTED cheat that I was well aware of. I use it on the non PB servers. What happened was that I accidentaly hit a PB enabled server and I tried to disconnect b4 it loaded, but I couldn't. No sooner the game loaded I was kicked by PB for 2 min. Next thing I know (later that night)is that I have a global ban. Isn't that wrong? I was globally banned for "having" a cheat not using one! It isn't as if I got into the server and was WH and Aim Botting. I can see the legitimacy in that but not for getting one 2 min. PB kick turns into a global ban. second I entered the wrong server by mistake, but I realize that can't be proven. But isn't having a global ban wrong for being kicked by PB for 2 minutes? So this is why I would like to know what makes the temp ban list "temp"? Thank You!

Hello, I got banned and I am listed on the temp ban list.  So my question is what makes it a "temp" ban list?  Is it only a 1 month ban?  what is temp about it?

Just to clear myself (I have to)

I was but I wasn't cheating...lol.  I do use a well known DETECTED cheat that I was well aware of.  I use it on the non PB servers.  What happened was that I accidentaly hit a PB enabled server and I tried to disconnect b4 it loaded, but I couldn't.  No sooner the game loaded I was kicked by PB for 2 min.  Next thing I know (later that night)is that I have a global ban.  Isn't that wrong?  I was globally banned for "having" a cheat not using one!  It isn't as if I got into the server and was WH and Aim Botting.  I can see the legitimacy in that but not for getting one 2 min. PB kick turns into a global ban.  second I entered the wrong server by mistake, but I realize that can't be proven.  But isn't having a global ban wrong for being kicked by PB for 2 minutes?  So this is why I would like to know what makes the temp ban list "temp"?  Thank You!

Well as I see it, here is the problem. How would PB know you were 'just using only in non-pb servers'??????

Answer - There is no way, period.

Fact is, you use cheats, wether it is on a pb or nonpb server. You just happened to get caught with it. Thats the short and simple of it. If it were my decision, and you came to me, asking me to undo it, I wouldnt. There are too many others players out there that DONT use them, no matter what the excuse is they want to come up with (ie. pb server vs. non-pb server).............

Just my two cents worth........

;)

Thor

Cmdr.Thor"]Fact is, you use cheats, wether it is on a pb or nonpb server. You just happened to get caught with it. Thats the short and simple of it. If it were my decision, and you came to me, asking me to undo it, I wouldnt. There are too many others players out there that DONT use them, no matter what the excuse is they want to come up with (ie. pb server vs. non-pb server)

Agreed. Just because a player happened to "forget" to disable a cheat they knowingly installed before hitting a PB server doesn't exlude them from the consequences.

Dude, just accept the consequences that come with getting caught.

Trying to split hairs to weasel your way out of it is as lame as actually getting caught.

Hopefully you will learn something from this...maybe the next PB game you play, you won't use any cheats, or maybe you need to stick with single player games where you can cheat all you want.

I am correcting my original post......"caught" is not "Vertz aka Solo"....in fact.....it is this person:

[01.30.2004 14:40:24] 49de6dd4d6656a38c1190975074ef398 "woosa^7" "68.61.0.108:20100" "VIOLATION (MULTIHACK) #70029"

"Vertz aka Solo" is in fact this one:

[08.20.2003 22:40:05] c397d47afe11e77e9c0a1fb03da2a175 "(rizla)Solo1060" "81.103.74.152" "VIOLATION (WALLHACK) #60174"

Solo had several guids and had changed his nick to Vertz. He had befriended me and was part of the initial start of PBBans. Then a (rizla) member found out his true identity and we deleted his account and banned him.

With that said.....I am not going to apologize for calling "caught" Vertz.....I will only say that it was my oversight.

Probably the latter of the two. Where in the hell do I start? I guess with my post.

But isn't having a global ban wrong for being kicked by PB for 2 minutes? So this is why I would like to know what makes the temp ban list "temp"?

These were the only 2 questions I asked in my post. No where in my post did I mention anything about anyone letting me off my global ban! Get it straight!

The point I was making was that PB did what PB was supposed to do! What is that you ask? That was to kick me out of the server for the 2 min. it did. PB would continue this practice on each PB server that I attempted to join, thus preventing me from ever gaining access to a PB server.

So I say, oops! and realize my mistake (my fault, not PB, understood!) let the time limit expire and I will be good to go w/ the hack unloaded. Nope, 12+ hours later I get a global ban. I know who posted me and from what server. Let me ask you all this; why don't you just let PB do it's job? don't do it for it. If PB was meant to globally ban on a hack then it would! but it doesn't, it gives a 2 min kick. This tells you that your hack will never work and PB is doing the job it was contracted to do. Global bans are meant for individuals who get caught by an Admin and are able to get by PB! So get off your power trip! You are misusing your admin privileges.

I guess I need to add illiterate to the subject of my post, because this you are!

Well as I see it, here is the problem. How would PB know you were 'just using only in non-pb servers'??????

Answer - There is no way, period.  

Really genius?, yeah I guess the way you see it is messed up. Where did I ever say that PB should have known? *Take notice everyone*(incase you missed the point I was making), I wasn't arguing the fact that I got kicked by PB, I was stating that a 2 min. kick = global ban is ridiculous. I didn't state that I shouldn't have gotten a global ban because PB should have known I didn't play w/ hacks on PB servers and did on non PB servers. Dude, your just dumb for thinking up something soo stupid. "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt".-Abraham Lincoln p.s. your post wasn't even worth 2 cents.

next....

It's called a Temporary Ban List just because it's the temporary version. The bans on it will be on the final version also.

Thank You! This is all I was asking I didn't ask for anyone?s dimwitted opinions, got it! Thanks for the answer SirRobHiFi.

Agreed. Just because a player happened to "forget" to disable a cheat they knowingly installed before hitting a PB server doesn't exclude them from the consequences.

Agreed??? I wasn't looking for sympathy, I pretty much posted what happened because I figured you guys would find it amusing, I do (especially now :D ). Instead you twist it around to your liking to make it sound like I'm begging to get off the global ban list. I'm not asking to get off the list. I am playing SOF2 again, no I didn't buy another copy either. I don't need to get off a global ban list. I wanted your opinions about a 2min ban leading straight to a global ban for a 1 time offense, even if it was 2 or 5. (make reference to my argument again at the top of this post)

lol what a n0b

The intellect on this forum just gets better and better as we go along. Gee thanks (S.O)*inZ! You sure added a lot to the topic at hand thanks for your input, btw it's noob moron!

Dude, just accept the consequences that come with getting caught.

Trying to split hairs to weasel your way out of it is as lame as actually getting caught.

Hopefully you will learn something from this...maybe the next PB game you play, you won't use any cheats, or maybe you need to stick with single player games where you can cheat all you want.

Well here's a half legit post.  I did learn something from this, TY.  But once again, I'm not trying to weasel my way out of anything.  Reread the question in my original post.

We gave you a chance, brought you into our home and you punked us  

Go buy a new game and get on with your life  

Here?s a hint..... don?t cheat with your new game.  

Yup and I'll do it again & again because most of you guys are about as ignorant as they come. Who knows maybe I have one of your keys, I got a sh*tload of them. That would be funny wouldn't it, lmao.

lol, u say u only play on nonpb server, why do u even care if ur on mybumleaks? :o

Where do all you smart guys come from? Obviously if I played strictly on non PB servers I wouldn't care would I? You might not be able to figure out that question so here is the answer: I play on PB servers too. Hope that clarified it for you.

Uh Oh! Magnum P.I. is on the loose ({VOD}RodeoBob), most people would think your amazing but it isn't that hard to take my logged IP address from my post and search it through the list of people on the temp ban list. See bud I'm a Network Admin so that doesn't phase me as amazing. What does strike me as amazing is how you could have messed it up the first time around. It's just a simple copy & paste into the find window. Oh and u have to click "find". There is a hard operation to screw up but you fit right in with the rest of the idiot admins on this board with the one exception of SirRobHiFi. Next, you were wrong and I think you should apologize, it was not an oversight, but rather another blunder on your part.

One last thing everyone, you will never globally ban me successfully, NEVER! I will continue to use hacks and new ones that aren't detected by PB on PB servers taking you out, just because I can. If that guid get a global ban I just rip another out from my arsenal. Say what you will I suck or what not. I'm not claiming to be the best guy out there, but I am better than half of you. I am a member of a clan and no woosa was not the name I used in my clan.

We have nothing to do with Global Bans.

Did you miss that part?

Read this thread:

http://www.pbbans.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1307

BTW, what we do is nothing personal. All we do is compile a ban list based on catches using PB software and demos. Server admins then choose whether to use our list or not. Whether you continue to cheat or not doesn't bother me personally but sooner or later you'll get GUID after GUID banned. Either by us, the other site, quakeshit or by the makers of PB software EvenBalance themselves (Global Ban). This one catch is enough to get you a lifetime ban from some of the leagues though so forget about trying to join a league like TWL.

No I didn't miss that part. I was going to include that in my post but it sort of side tracked from what I was trying to convey. Now originally I wasn't aware of that and the reason I came here looking for answers was that PB directed me here from their links page (http://www.punkbuster.com/index.php?page=links.php) which reads "PBBans : PB Admin community site with Player appeals process " and has the link to this site displayed right next to it. That is what led me here to look at appeal process. I read what the stipulations are for a ban turnover. Thus realizing I had no chance, which is also why I wasn't asking in my post for a lift on the ban.

I wouldn't think of using a cheat in leagues. In reality the reason I do cheat is because I find it amusing. Sometimes people think your billy badass and other times people get pissed cause your cheating so you just egg them on a little. It adds a little drama to the game. Another words I just do it for fun. No I don't cheat 24/7, actually most the time I don't. I've noticed that on days I don't do as well as I like, I load the cheat and annihilate ppl on the no pb servers. I figure it serves them right because 2/3 of them have no idea between PB & non PB servers.

Thanks for your feedback SirRobHiFi

You can have just as much fun on non-PB servers and they basically deserve to have cheats on them. Stay off the PB servers with cheats tho cos people there actually want a fair game.

there is no way we can add you to a global ban "i wish" but that is evenbalance. you will be added to every server that runs this list and that alot lmao.buy a new game and stop whining bet ya wasnt whining when your hack's was working on unsuspecting player's. hell i bet ya made the other site to lol.

Now I see why we have a "private forum" for server admin who are trying to rid the game of assholes like you.

It is funny.....idiot admin.....you are just ticked because you are on the bans list....so you feel you have to get on a soapbox to let everyone know your woes.

As far as the so called "blunder", it wasn't a blunder......the only reason I put Vertz aka Solo above......I was warned that he would return....it was only a comment. It wasn't until later when Vertz contacted me about it....did I bother to look at he ip....so take you network admin hacking skills to another server and play with yourself.

ok my input I dont know you or care who you are, so on, as for this

The intellect on this forum just gets better and better as we go along. Gee thanks (S.O)*inZ! You sure added a lot to the topic at hand thanks for your input, btw it's noob moron!  

Moron... I thought it was vertz aka solo, like bob said in his 1st posts so dont speak 2 me that way moron , go play on the limited number of servers you can still get into.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The person here is mistaken about PB Global Bans. He says that they are for people that admins catch getting past PB. This is not true. PB created the ban itself, and the causes for this include leaked cd keys and attempting to or actually hacking the PB software itself. Admins and anti-cheat sites have nothing to do with catching something that PB missed in this case. I don't even think Even Balance adds Global Bans for actual hacking in the game since none of the submissions I make to the MBI here are kicked via PB without running the MBI. Cheat kicks are simply initiated through the software, and not added to the Global Ban list. If you have a Globan Ban, then most likely you have a leaked CD key, or have tried to or have hacked PB software in the past. Even Balance is usually really good about explaining the issues with people added to their Globan Ban list, and they may explain it to you if you contact them.