BC2 FTW

Gutshot

• 4 weeks later...

BC2 is pretty good, I enjoy it most of the time.

The free DLCs certainly make it even better.

What I wish for, instead of more maps, though, is less of the console-crap that is still in the game to date.

That is especially when it comes to the games UI.

Not being able to cancel loading and the next map loading after a round automatically forcing you to wait where you really wanted to leave the server anyway.

Not being able to see the scores via button press in certain situations, where you should be able to (was it when you

• 1 month later...

FYI: We wont be seeing any more maps for BC2 it seems.

Interview with the producer of BC2

http://games.on.net/article/11236/Interview_with_DICE_New_Content_for_BC2_Unlikely

But then again, I am certain this means they are focusing on their next project e.g. BF3.

Lets all pray that they will make an integrated effort in helping PB catch cheaters e.g. FTP access, PBSS and what ever it takes to catch these hackers.

To better times :)

Kharak.

ps. I dont like the producers comment on the Voip, as if PC players dont know how to work together... We would be using the in-game Voip if it wasn't so shitty.

Lets all pray that they will make an integrated effort in helping PB catch cheaters e.g. FTP access, PBSS and what ever it takes to catch these hackers.

Better pray a lot then because I am betting BF3 will be a repeat of BC2 for failed PBSS with no ftp access, mod tools or server files of any kind etc. PBSS will be 100% black since everyone will be forced to use DX10 and beyond. PBSS bug has been there since 2007 so doubt it will ever be fixed at tis point. And people wonder why devs are moving to VAC.

• Upvote 1

Each day that passes I loose more and more respect for EvenBalance. If this was something complex I could understand, but it's not ... this could be fixed by any competent C programmer in a matter of a day or two. If they are not capable of doing so they should outsource it to someone that is.

I find it kind of funny that xfire, fraps and even the OS itself can get an igame SS with AA on but PB can't. Seems to me that they are jsut to lazy to look into the issue enough .

Black SS is one part of the problem, the other is screen size:

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/3514/pbsslimations.jpg

With the default pbss settings, what you see inside the green square is what would be on the pbss. Can't see any larger because of the ~81000 pixel limit. Using SS rates > 1 will show more but the quality is limited.

Here is the kicker, the typical PBSS file size is about 100-300kb for a 320x240 image. X-Ray takes a full screen ss with a file size of

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/4166/0018399756.jpg

• Upvote 1