Battlefield Heroes Streaming Now Available

MaydaX

Now do I really have to go into the details of the contradictions of the two announcements?

MoH 2010 is a game which has persistently resulted in streaming problems and caused us issues in effectively supporting streaming for the game.

Without the possession of server files we are unable to diagnose the cause, or a fix, for those technical issues and thus we have dropped support for the game.

BF Heroes while not a new game is a game that we have not got a history of streaming issues with - there is no contradiction in the announcements one game is simply problematic and the other has given us no cause to not support it (whether that choice is 3, 6, 12, etc months late is of no relevance).

Great to hear that you're finally on the case! Good job guys.

DICE Colin says:

but until that time PBBans are just as good

So I'm guessing that we can expect something like that in the future?!!

IP Restrictions

The IP Restriction feature when enabled searches the MBi (Master Ban Index) for a player's ip when they join a server. If a match is found based on the admin defined parameters (Exact match or Subnets), the user is kicked from the server. The time can be set from 10 minutes to 7 days of the player receiving a ban. This is very effective for free games such as Enemy Territory, Battlefield Heroes and Battlefield Play4Free.

http://www.pbbans.com/info-center-starterguide.html#hubfeatures

Don't think that was listed in the feature list before but works well in Enemy Territory.

And all that happened only cause I take heart and try to public the idea of using streaming service at play2free games. Well there was a lot of guys who tell me that is a stupid idea, but like u can see its amazing to see all the guys who get hope in this fight against hackers.

And now ggc and autoadmin show us what is possible, and i really hope that the devs of play4free will tell us in the future that the pb guid belongs to the hole account and not only to the hero like in battlefield heroes. GGC and autoadmin is a nice idea, but to complicated to run autoadmin on BFH server 24/7.

• Upvote 1

i really hope that the devs of play4free will tell us in the future that the pb guid belongs to the hole account and not only to the hero like in battlefield heroes.

Bad Company 2 had a different GUID with every persona at first like heroes. I convinced DICE to use the master account (after dancing with EA legal) to generate the PB GUID so that it remained the same no matter what persona was used. I've made the same request to Easy so hopefully they will do it too.

How about the team that did BF:H is more willing to work with Streaming to fix issues, and the team that does MoH isn't?

No bf heroes and bfp4f is done by EASY, MOH is done by DICE.