CoD2 /+smoke bug (solution for kick)?

papatsonis

Hi all, and pardon my "noobness" , in the following question. (did a search, didnt find anything though :/)

Is there anyway to monitor in pb whatever a user type in console, and if types a specific text (or text includes a specific "sub"text) to get kicked? Im referring to /+smoke bug.

thanks in advance

Not sure what you are asking - Do you want to just see if they have typed that command in the console, or do you want to block them from using that command?

Thanks for the reply :)

both would be nice, but even blocking is fine (without kicking them). the bug is described here . If im not sure i cant block the command, i want to just kick them when typing +smoke (in a no-smoke server when you type this command.. its 99.9% only for the bug..). I suppose this command isn't a cvar check like checking for max packets/offsetscale, etc, because /+smoke isnt actually a cvar. Is there any check like blocking bad names? to detect specific text entered in console? and kick accordingly?

thanks again

You're welcome! :D

Interesting problem.... I've played around with it a bit trying to find a way to kick for it or block it. Couldn't find a way to do that. As you stated +Smoke is not a CVAR that you need to enter a specific value for.

But, I did discover that if you put this line in your pbsvuser.cfg, it will screw up the game for any offenders that type "/+smoke" in their console.

PB_SV_CVAR +smoke IN 0 0

(you need both zero's with a space between - maybe that's why it didn't work for the poster in the other forum you linked to)

Whenever they try to throw a grenade (Frag or Smoke) It causes their arm to freeze in the air, grenade in their hand, without any weapon....hahaha

If they hit "ESC" or "~" it will release the grenade, but this will be very annoying and disconcerting for them. lol :D

Now, of course, if the abusers NEVER throw any nades, they won't encounter this nice annoyance. But, who doesn't throw nades in CoD2? :rolleyes:

It will continue this behavior, unless & until they completely exit the game and restart it. Players that don't type "+smoke" in their consoles are not affected.

Try it out and see if this little "fix" meets your needs.

Hope it helps......

• 2 weeks later...

Can I ask something?So, you put this : 'PB_SV_CVAR +smoke IN 0 0' the most of people is gonna be kicked...when you open your console game with ' or ~ and write "/bindlist" you can see set in '4' "+smoke" which play the smoke granade when you play with shotguns or guns with allow smoke granade too.My call is: Have another chance of use "+smoke" and don't use to send a smoke granade? times like hold the "+smoke" and make what this another 'post' said,

When I disable smokegrenades and use an rifle mod, you can use the +smoke-command so people can't here you shoot or walk/run.
?Thx

• 1 month later...

Can I ask something?So, you put this : 'PB_SV_CVAR +smoke IN 0 0' the most of people is gonna be kicked...when you open your console game with ' or ~ and write "/bindlist" you can see set in '4' "+smoke" which play the smoke granade when you play with shotguns or guns with allow smoke granade too.My call is: Have another chance of use "+smoke" and don't use to send a smoke granade? times like hold the "+smoke" and make what this another 'post' said, ?Thx

I think that what you are asking is if ALL players will be affected if you add this command.

The answer is, No. Even though the '4' key is bound to +smoke for all players by default.

ONLY those that actually type "/+smoke" in the console will be affected.

Other players can still use the '4' key to throw smoke and will not be affected.

Thanks, Fozzer! :D

Just to clarify for the OP, the command "PB_SV_CVAR +smoke IN 0 0" will NOT kick or block players that type "/+smoke" in the console. But, it will cause their arm to freeze in the air if they try to throw a grenade after typing +smoke.

It's funny to watch them run around with the nade in the air and unable to defend themselves.

They inevitably get killed, try it again get killed again, and after a few more repeats they leave the server! lol

• 10 months later...

hi what about if i would like the server to kick players that use the "weapnext; wait 2; weapnext" in there config ?

i can use PB_SV_BindSrch "weapnext; wait 2; weapnext" to search and log it but not to kick them auto from server .

from a friendly admin :)