bf2142 Server keeps deactivating

propbndr

My BF2142 server keeps deactivating. I have run all the troubleshooting tips, run the auto setup several times, and installed by both FTP and RCon commands several times also. It streams for several minutes to several hours then deactivates. Am now going bald. Help!

IP 206.217.201.17

Port 17567

My BF2142 server keeps deactivating. I have run all the troubleshooting tips, run the auto setup several times, and installed by both FTP and RCon commands several times also. It streams for several minutes to several hours then deactivates. Am now going bald. Help!

IP 206.217.201.17

Port 17567

Bump. Any help for this?

Server IP Game Connection Status Last Streamed 206.217.201.17:19567 Battlefield 2142 Deactivated March 14, 2011 4:09:48 am EST

pb_sv_task 0 7200 pb_sv_ver has been added but does not help.

Got another email about the server being deactivated.

This is an automated message from PBBans.com informing you the following servers are listed as not streaming

Server IP Game Connection Status Last Streamed 206.217.201.17:19567 Battlefield 2142 Deactivated March 15, 2011 5:10:00 pm EST

You will be notified daily about each server that has stopped streaming within the last 3 days. After 3 days you will not recieve notifcations for that server

If Connection Status shows as Deactivated you must enable your server in the Account Manager under View Servers before it will show as streaming

Please note that if your server is empty for long periods of time, you must have the following pb task:

pb_sv_task 0 7200 pb_sv_ver

This will send data to the PBBans Hub every 2 hours for empty servers.

</ html>

One of the advantages of Hub streaming, as far as we are concerned anyway :P is that all we have to do is add a submitted server to the Hub and our work is done.

All none streaming issues are client side.

We have 55 BF2142 servers streaming as I type and yours is the only one with this issue.

If your quite sure you have this task;

pb_sv_task 0 7200 pb_sv_ver

up and running on your server, then the problem may be elsewhere.

Personally I would do this;

Send via rcon PB_SV_TList -> this will list all tasks running on your server and also give the task slot number.

Check for duplicate streaming initiation commands within the servers root PB directory.

Make sure a crontab (or something similar) is not resetting the servers root PB dir to a default state.

If all seems ok, I would do a complete re-install of a fully updated PB and see if that resolves your issue.

I have just found out that whenever I use a "pb_sv_restart" command that the task: pb_sv_task 0 7200 pb_sv_ver is removed from my pbsvlog.cfg file. Doing a full server restart seems to leave the task in place. Any ideas how to prevent the removal?

Server lasted about an hour before streaming stopped. The task:: pb_sv_task 0 7200 pb_sv_ver is present in the pbsv.cgf file. How do you reload Punk Buster? I cannot find any info on how to do this on a game server.