Do i need website with forum to be able to stream?

Nj0rdur

A week ago some friends and I who have played Battlefield Bad Company 2 since release hired a ranked server from multigamer.no. During this week we have seen some suspicious activity and we figured configuring streaming to PBBans would be a good idea. However after creating this forum account I found out I had to apply for a streaming account. But, the requirements to get this streaming account was amongst other things that i needed to have website that includes player rooster and a forum open to guests with some activity on it. Is this really required? I mean we are around 10-12 friends playing this game using a private Teamspeak server and have no need for a forum or a website.

Maybe I have missed something, but can someone please tell if all this is needed to get our server up and streaming to PBBans?

Edited by Nj0rdur

A week ago some friends and I who have played Battlefield Bad Company 2 since release hired a ranked server from multigamer.no. During this week we have seen some suspicious activity and we figured configuring streaming to PBBans would be a good idea. However after creating this forum account I found out I had to apply for a streaming account. But, the requirements to get this streaming account was amongst other things that i needed to have website that includes player rooster and a forum open to guests with some activity on it. Is this really required? I mean we are around 10-12 friends playing this game using a private Teamspeak server and have no need for a forum or a website.

Maybe I have missed something, but can someone please tell if all this is needed to get our server up and streaming to PBBans?

That would be why they are called "requirements"...and no thats not me being a dick or a smartass.

Its the same rules for all of us who wanted to stream here,regardless of how many ppl we have in our group.

Edited by kraxus187
  • Upvote 1

The mandatory streaming requirements are not something we have thrown together to make it difficuilt for prospective streamers.

They are measures introduced, on the advice of Tony Ray himself, mainly to combat security issues.

The actual measures suggested were less draconian, but we have gone the extra mile to protect the integrity of our banlist and to provide as much protection as we can for the various groups that use our services.

The mandatory streaming requirements have to be met by any group wanting to stream servers via PBBans, they must be kept in place for the continued use of PBBans services and if anything they will be made tougher and never easier.

Here is what is required from any group wanting to stream servers via PBBans;

http://www.pbbans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=82423

There are no exceptions.

There are other anti cheat services were you only have to register on their forums to stream servers, some even actively encourage cheaters to stream servers :blink:

I can say with all confidence, that anti cheat sites that only require forum registration for streaming, have, at the very least a corrupt banlist.

Now you are in receipt of the facts, the decision on what to do next is yours :)

Go the extra mile for all members of your group and the clientelle that connect to your server, or go with something a lot less security minded and corrupt.

• Upvote 2

That would be why they are called "requirements"...and no thats not me being a dick or a smartass.

Its the same rules for all of us who wanted to stream here,regardless of how many ppl we have in our group.

Well, I'm not stupid, I understand that to register a streaming account on that page these things are required. Just wanted to make sure I was on the correct place to register. I was not trying to get any advantages. No need to be rude.

I cant see that we would ever want a website and especially not a forum. Going to talk to my friends and see if any of them want to make a webpage and a forum. If any of them won't do it we'll have to live without streaming. No big problem really, just thought it would be a nice service to have running on the server. :)

The mandatory streaming requirements are not something we have thrown together to make it difficuilt for prospective streamers.

They are measures introduced, on the advice of Tony Ray himself, mainly to combat security issues.

The actual measures suggested were less draconian, but we have gone the extra mile to protect the integrity of our banlist and to provide as much protection as we can for the various groups that use our services.

The mandatory streaming requirements have to be met by any group wanting to stream servers via PBBans, they must be kept in place for the continued use of PBBans services and if anything they will be made tougher and never easier.

There are no exceptions.

There are other anti cheat services were you only have to register on their forums to stream servers, some even actively encourage cheaters to stream servers :blink:

I can say with all confidence, that anti cheat sites that only require forum registration for streaming, have, at the very least a corrupt banlist.

Now you are in receipt of the facts, the decision on what to do next is yours :)

Go the extra mile for all members of your group and the clientelle that connect to your server, or go with something a lot less security minded and corrupt.

Thank you very much for a fast and enlightening answer. Although I can't see the reason for having a website and forum to start streaming I know you have your reasons for setting it as a requirement, and I respect that. I don't think any of us want to run a website and forums so I guess we'll be fine without the streaming :)

Thank you very much for a fast and enlightening answer. Although I can't see the reason for having a website and forum to start streaming

Having your own website and active forums with full participation from group members are definitive signs of longevity for any group wishing to stream via PBBans.

These 2 requirements are just a very small part of what we look for when validating streaming applicants.

You would not believe the amount of applications we reject for having a hastily thrown together website and forums with no activity present :)

For every one we accept I would say 10+ are denied either temporarily or permanently.

I don't think any of us want to run a website and forums so I guess we'll be fine without the streaming :)

That should read "fine without PBBans streaming" :P

That is entirely your choice but there are other options for groups like yours if you want to stream a server.

You would probably have to compromise on security, and you would probably have a "less than obvious" corrupt banlist (if you choose to run it)

Theres a list of third party anti cheat sites here;

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=links.php

Theres also this lot;

http://game-violations.ggl.com/

+1

There are no exceptions.

That should read "fine without PBBans streaming" :P

That is entirely your choice but there are other options for groups like yours if you want to stream a server.

You would probably have to compromise on security, and you would probably have a "less than obvious" corrupt banlist (if you choose to run it)

Theres a list of third party anti cheat sites here;

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=links.php

Theres also this lot;

http://game-violations.ggl.com/

:lol: