Server Blacklisted

Joker1962

Hi I have added one of two BF3 servers successfully but the other one seems to be blacklisted 208.122.49.58:25200 for some reason. Could we get this sorted so I can add it to streaming as well?

http://www.pbbans.com/mpi/results.php?srchtype=USERIP&srchdata=208.122.49.58&showLG=yes&showAT=yes&safeview=no

that is the reason

IP appears on the MPi

you will need to ask for another IP from your GSP

Seriously? After busting my ass to get it populated? thats the only answer? Obviously its a Static Ip for a hosting company hosting servers. I see post where ip's have been removed from blacklist can't it just be lifted from blacklist?

additionally concerning your site

There are no Forums defined.

i see no roster, either

just as a reminder

It is mandatory to have the team roster, a section of the forum and server information public (can be viewed without registering).

http://www.pbbans.com/forums/streaming-application-requirements-t82423.html

Seriously? After busting my ass to get it populated? thats the only answer? Obviously its a Static Ip for a hosting company hosting servers. I see post where ip's have been removed from blacklist can't it just be lifted from blacklist?

that is what has always been the rule as far as i am aware.

anything different would have to be answered by another staffer

why try to add it AFTER busting your ass to get it populated?

might want to let your host know its employees are playing games off their servers and getting their IPs blacklisted. one was from US. one from France.... both in july 2011

The only time we remove a server IP from the blacklist is when the server IP belonged to a group that was suspended from streaming via PBBans for one reason or another.

We have never removed a server IP from the blacklist if it appears on the MPI.

Sorry, but it's a hard and fast rule that will never change and helps us maintain security/integrity of our systems.

that is what has always been the rule as far as i am aware.

anything different would have to be answered by another staffer

why try to add it AFTER busting your ass to get it populated?

might want to let your host know its employees are playing games off their servers and getting their IPs blacklisted. one was from US. one from France.... both in july 2011

Waited till after because I was not sure if we were keeping the server due to BF3 server issues. Not much point if the server can not be populated and crashes all the time.

Thanks for you time

• 1 month later...

Incredibly enough this is happening to our server as well since we have the same IP address - Sort Of. The first and second octet match and the last octet matches, but you guys are blacklisting to include ANYONE that matches the entire third octet range? WOW Talk about shotgunning. Can you explain why you include the entire third octet in the IP address range? That's a lot of collateral damage to ban one guy.

Our IP address is 208.122.49.58:25300, the same as Joker1962, except for the port number. Somehow it just doesn't seem right. Just thought I would post, don't really expect anything as I have read the above. No exceptions....

//SinBad-OTF

Founder, Operations Task Force

The first and second octet match and the last octet matches, but you guys are blacklisting to include ANYONE that matches the entire third octet range? WOW Talk about shotgunning.

Can you explain why you include the entire third octet in the IP address range? That's a lot of collateral damage to ban one guy.

What do you base that assumption on? Only that exact IP is blacklisted.

Yes, you are correct 'I assumed' and after I thought about it for a while, it appears that my thoughts on this are wrong. I apologize. I don't normally come off like that, but what I saw for the MPi blacklisted IP was:

208.122.*.58

We are on a BF3 slot server that is hosted by Primary Target, the same as with Joker1962 and with the same IP address, just a different port number. As you can see the 3rd octet is an asterisk. so I 'Assumed' that was a wild card and you blacklisted the entire third octet as I couldn't understand how a hack would have had the IP address I am currently using since it was server based.

We all know what 'Assume' means and I guess I jumped the gun. Again, my apologies. I do appreciate the service and shouldn't have come off half cocked.

We will be changing the last octet of the IP address to be able to stream PBBans.

Thanks

SinBad-OTF

Founder, Operations Task Force

• Upvote 1

@ SinBad-OTF

Part of the problem is that you had not entered a pbguid into your team account details.

A verified pbguid must be added to your team account details and after a 30 day wait period you will then have full access to the MPI and what it has to offer.

I have added your BF3 pbguid to your team account details for you, it has been verified, and the 30 day wait period starts as from now.