Any way to use PBB list on my server without streaming?

Neutro

Hello guys,

I would like to be able to ban cheaters already detected on other servers using the master ban list of PBBs.

The thing is that even if I rent the server by myself and a friend, we don't have a proper clan and don't aim to have one because we just play for fun and we do not plan to make competitive gaming.

So my question is: is it possible to use the banlist without streaming?

Thanks in advance for your answers :)

Yes you can download the Banlist for your game here and Import it into your game, You dont need to be streaming todo so.. however You will have to constantly update the pbbans.dat file its easier to just stream :)

• Upvote 1

Thanks for your answer kcinc0gnito!

I found bf3.xml banlist but I don't see any way to import it on my server, any idea?

its easier to just stream

If PBB would allow me to do so i would but I don't have a clan so i'm kinda stuck here :(

the XML is not the file you need or want you want this file

http://www.pbbans.com/mbi-download-bf3-dlb41.html

it should download the bf3_pbbans.dat file (which contains all of the peoples GUID's that were caught cheating) i.e. Ban List.

if you put that file in your pb folder and issue a pb_sv_banload bf3_pbbans.dat it will load the file (until server is restarted that is).

I dont admin a BF3 server so i'm not sure if it's similar to the way BF2 was or what So maybe one of the Staff members here can tell ya exactly how to get everything going :) Maydax last i checked was the Man for the Battlefield Series :)

Well my GSP doesn't allow me to access punkbuster folder through ftp so I'll ask them if they can upload it by themselves.

Thanks again for your help!

My clan isn't competitive either, we have a website and started out with a freebie one. Communities do tend to grow so even though yes websites are a streaming requirement, its also a nice thing for communities/clans/groups to have.

If you're wondering why our requirements were put in place:

http://www.pbbans.com/forums/streaming-requirements-t147669.html/

If you wanted some free site ideas, feel free to PM me and I can send you some links :)

Best of luck.

Thanks for your answer surfy :)

My GSP uploaded bf3_pbbans.dat to my punkbuster root folder, i tried to load it with "pb_sv_banload <filename>" command but i get the answer "0 bans loaded from bf3_pbbans.dat".

I don't know if it's punkbuster not working properly or my GSP that failed to upload the file correctly.

Anyway, i followed your advise and took the time to create a new clan forum, make some friends come inside and register on it so i can apply properly.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for your answer surfy :)

My GSP uploaded bf3_pbbans.dat to my punkbuster root folder, i tried to load it with "pb_sv_banload <filename>" command but i get the answer "0 bans loaded from bf3_pbbans.dat".

I don't know if it's punkbuster not working properly or my GSP that failed to upload the file correctly.

Anyway, i followed your advise and took the time to create a new clan forum, make some friends come inside and register on it so i can apply properly.

Just rename the bf3_pbbans.dat to pbbans.dat and issue the pb_sv_banload command.( I used PROCON Console=>Punkbuster tab)...!! The message 6779 bans loaded from xxxxxxx will appear to verify the integration of the above list.