PlanetSide 2

MaydaX

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Register to win an exclusive PlanetSide® 2 beta serial code from NVIDIA and be one of a limited number of gamers to experience the Beta Weekend Event from October 5th – 7th, 2012. Winners will be chosen at random and all registrants will be notified on October 5th of the results.

http://www.geforce.com/games-applications/pc-games/planetside-2/deals-promotions?id=hp-promo

Been playing this game for a few weeks now and i must say its fun, some of the battles are really big 100+ infantry 30+ armor 15+ air support and thats only the biggest fight iv been in!

Got my beta again too. :)

http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/beta-server-availability.24149/

In order to provide extensive testing, Beta servers will be available Monday through Friday at 6:00 AM PT (3:00 PM CEST) and close at 12:00 AM (9:00 AM CEST). Saturday and Sunday they will be available 2:00 AM PT (11:00 AM CEST) and close at 12:00 AM (9:00 AM CEST). Please feel free to use the converter below to find out what time it is where you are.

Been playing this game for a few weeks now and i must say its fun, some of the battles are really big 100+ infantry 30+ armor 15+ air support and thats only the biggest fight iv been in!

Your experience is a lot different from mine, I decided after 15 minutes it wasn't my game.

Some of the problems I seen after only seconds in the game, rubber banding (seemed to be most players too) and I was on a European server, clipping of infantry/vehicles through rocks and buildings. Graphics not very good either, little bit of grass and a few trees around the bases but the open areas look bare.

Nice open world though but I did find some areas that I couldn't get to without aircraft transport. I spawned inside one aircraft as a gunner and the pilot flew towards an enemy base, I had plenty of ammunition but as soon as an enemy appeared my ammunition was gone, not able to defend myself, that's not fun, I'll avoid this like the plague.

Don't decid just yet game is still in :beta: yes there are bugs but they are patching it almost everyday to fix them, and it takes some time getting used too going from BF3 to this :banghead:

Been playing planetside 2 for a few months now. Played the first one for a few years. It takes a little bit to learn how the hex system works and the cert system, but it is a squad based game. You can lone wolf it, but it's much more fun in a good working squad. Their squads are a max of 12 and up to 4 squads togrther for a platoon. Maps are big, but when in a good squad there can be mobile spawn points set. Anyway we are NC characters. IF you get in post toons name will squad up! US server

Started playing this now, seeing as I got bored of BF3. And it's a proper laugh with friends on TS.

It can be a bit daunting at first, there is no tutorial or anything like that. It just throws you in at the deep-end. Luckily, a couple of friends guided me through it. And I'm now getting used to all of it. Mainly playing TR at the moment, but I'll think I'll start multiple characters once it goes final.

Only played a few of the classes - Medic, Light, Heavy and Engineer. Thankfully a lot of the tactics I learnt in other FPSes are easily transferred so I have no problems with infantry encounters (easy to a kill streak if you flank the enemy). I find the lack of grenades a bit weird, I don't like the idea of buying them each time (or whatever you call it).

I do like the idea of limited ammo in vehicles, as it adds a new spin on that element. Loving the Sunny and the Prowler. Certed my Sunny to be able to deploy and become a spawn point for my squad is really handy. The Prowler is awesome, I can see me spending more time in that. TKs come way too easy in vehicles though. They need to do something about that.

The whole squad/platoon thing is awesome. We have like 4 squads in a platoon, and we had these massive ships that would ferry us from one place to the next. It's a frigging sight to see 30+ people unload out a ship and storm your base.

30 mins can easily turn into hours with this game, this is a good thing IMO, well mostly a good thing! :D

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i lol'd at 0:20 on the video

A tank w/ brake lights?

Since when is a tank driver worried about traffic laws and safety? :P

never

i get TK'd almost as much by vehicles as the OPFOR shoots me

The game really is amazing. Those guys really out did themselves and all for free.

never

i get TK'd almost as much by vehicles as the OPFOR shoots me

Ya look both ways before crossing and stay away from the vehicle pad at the crown and you'll be ok.