Graphic Artists- 308 Logo Contest - Benefiting PBbans

buttscratcher

We're asking for outside help from the PC gaming community to develop a new banner and logo for 308! If you know someone that enjoys creating such things in their spare time, please direct them to this topic :)

Here is what we are looking for:

1 ) A new header banner:

(*Winner - $25 donation to PBbans in your name.)

Primary colors: red on black (possible secondary colors: orange, yellow, white)

Only use the numbers "308" in the header banner. If someone had some crazy skills and wanted to see what they could come up w/ "Three 'O Eight" written out in some sort of cool font, then would be open to the idea. But our primary thought was just "308". The words "one shot" will not be used in the new banner.

The menu bar, above header will be gone, so do this in whatever size you feel is proportionate to the header area - minus the menu bar. The current size is about 570x 215, but go as big/bold as you want (within reason :P ). Please do not include background images in your designs (skull and crossbones in current design will not be reused)

2 ) Circle Logo - red "308"

(*Winner - $10 donation to PBbans in your name.)

Prehaps the crosshair from the current header banner, overlaying "308" done in a cool red font? We've always liked the faintness of the reticle/crosshair, and might like that. But, use your imagination! If you can come up w/ a tripped circle logo w/out the crosshair, thats all the better.

Please post circle logo entries at 300 x 300. Thank you.

We will accept entries untill Aug. 31

308 members will pick a winner in each catagory. We will make a one time donation to everyones favorite anti-cheat organization, PBbans - in each winners name.

(donations can be made by whatever name you prefer us to use... personal name, IGN, steam or xfire handle, clan name. Whatever works best for you). Dontaions will be made on Sept. 1

current header found here:

308os.com

Post contest enteries here:

http://308os.com/index.php?topic=1335.0

Thanks, & Good Luck!

butt

• Upvote 3

Shameless bump :)

Come on guys! Lets get some ideas together. Finally got a few very nice entries added for the contest. Sure would like to see a few more added sometime this week.

Think of it as a good deed for the old fart. Or, a way to show off a hidden talent. Or, a test to see if the term "PC community" is more than an overused catchphrase.

Take a few minutes and see what you can come up with!

Thanks

Thanks Surfy!

You have ALOT of tallent. Very impressed!

EDIT: Thanks Twiebie! Very nice job!

Edited by buttscratcher

Darn I saw this just now (31th aug 16:03 CET), I'm not much of an artist myself but I have some talented friends on my squad that could have been up for the challange and interested to support the donation. I'll copy the info to our forum and maybe there could be some quick and dirty drawings added late to this contest.

Nice initiative to promote donation, maybe I should start to pay 1$ each time I have been driving my car and speeding (that would generate alot of money to the cause :) )

Edited by GOS_LEgiONary

Darn I saw this just now (31th aug 16:03 CET), I'm not much of an artist myself but I have some talented friends on my squad that could have been up for the challange and interested to support the donation. I'll copy the info to our forum and maybe there could be some quick and dirty drawings added late to this contest.

Please do.

Even if they dont get turned in on time to meet the contest deadline, I'd still really appreciate seeing different ideas. To me, thats the neet part of this... Getting different people together on something, and see where their imagination and creativity can take an idea, possibly expanding it in a direction I may have never thought possible.

Nice initiative to promote donation, maybe I should start to pay 1$ each time I have been driving my car and speeding (that would generate alot of money to the cause :) )

Yeah, its not alot of money, but its what we could afford. And, as they say, it all helps no matter the amount - and its going to a good cause.

On your post about seeing this late, and having members that are good w/ graphic layouts:

I thought about this a bit more... If we get late entries that we can use at a later date on our website re-do, we will make an additional PBbans $10 donation, for a design that is used.

This way, we can finish our contest on time, yet leave the door open for someones future entry.

Its good fun to be honest maybe we should have a thread in off topic for users creations etc...

Sounds good! This way we'll know "who has skills", and could contact them directly for such needs. Just make a "photoshop" subsection in the general area of forum :)