puzzled by a few bans i see here!

dakota666

hi guys,

ive been looking through your site and im a little puzzled by a few bans you have here could you explain them a little to me please.

the first one is no_fog i understand roughly this could have been downloaded?

the second is flash? what is a flash file?

and the last one is fov = 90 is this even bannable? i thought your fov range was allowed between 80 and 100?

any help will be appreciated as a run clans and want to be sure players are clean.

yes the no_fog people have been being removed from banslist.

Flash can also be downloaded on servers.All flash does is allow you to see through a flash nade that is thrown @ you

Field Of View should be ok not sure why its been banned but im sure one of the ban managers will correct me if I am wrong so hope it helps a little

the valid cvar for fov is cg_fov ;) the fov cvar is cheat related but can allso be a typo ;)

the no_fog is a cheat

flash is allso a cheat

and if any one have a ban for those they need to appeal it and we will take a look at it :)

the valid cvar for fov is cg_fov ;) the fov cvar is cheat related but can allso be a typo ;)

the no_fog is a cheat

flash is allso a cheat

and if any one have a ban for those they need to appeal it and we will take a look at it :)

I thought the no_fog and the flash were being removed because they downloaded them from servers?

LOL Ok the no_fog.pk3 is a cheat along with the rest of the files mentioned. Realistically the only file that was downloaded durring the nofog.pk3 epidemic was the z_nofog.pk3 the other nofogs bans IMO shouldnt have been lifted its a cheat either way but because it was downloadable from the server we granted the appealed bans a curtosy ban lift due to this.

The Flash.pk3 is a file that makes the characters RED and viewable through walls. Look at my Clan Member that I banned as an example. Flash pk3 example

And as someone mentioned teh correct cvar is cg_fov 80-100, Aimbots need a cvar to determin the range they are to react. most fovs for aimbots will be 2.0 and below so that they are not easily detected.