PB Kick " Unknown Windows API Function "

Thieves

hi everyone.

i have a problem with pb .

Every time I play COD4 and join a server after about 1 or 2 minutes punk buster kicks me and displays this error "unknown Windows API function ". I have no idea how to fix this.

i installed win 8 enterprise rtm 64bit.

If anyone knows a fix to stop this happening please either message me or reply to this thread

TY

Edited by Thieves

What is your antivirus software?

Are you telling the full kick reason? (I'm thinking about a number at the end)

Antivirus: Windows Defender

Restriction : unknown windows API function [131124]

but i must say that number at the end is random ! i dont know why . sometimes when pb kicks me the number will change . but " uknown windows api function " is always there!

Windows 8 (despite being in RTM stage) is still considered non-release/beta to Evenbalance who have said on many occasions they do not support beta operating systems. You may have to wait a little while to get full support.

• Upvote 1

Have you tried updating or reinstalling your pb?

Also, can you list all the programs you are running when you get this error?(using task manager)

yes .

just cod4 is running .

Windows 8 (despite being in RTM stage) is still considered non-release/beta to Evenbalance who have said on many occasions they do not support beta operating systems. You may have to wait a little while to get full support.

aha ok tnx :(

Edited by Thieves

• 1 month later...

Even Balance does not support beta operating systems.

Judging by past experience, when windows8 is released as a retail product a fix will immediately precede, or soon follow, the release date.

In the meantime it would be best practice to create a troubeleticket with EB and list exactly what errors you are receiving.

cause they aren`t answering.

If your ticket contains "wtf is going on" ....... don't hold your breath waiting for a response :P

Just for info, the release date for windows 8 was October 26, 2012

The stable release date (RTM) was August 1, 2012

While your waiting, we have had a few reports of players who have installed windows 8, fixing their PB issues by running PB Service installer (pbsvc.exe) again.

• Upvote 1

I googled the disallowed program driver 60315 and cga au is saying it first originated almost 8 months ago. http://www.cybergamer.com.au/forums/thread/351376/HELP-Windows-8-Punkbuster-Problem!/

It all relates to same problem. EB didn't make PB compatible with Win8 yet! Load Win7 onto the computer and play CoD4 when using Win7.