Apparently I have a PBBan that doesn't seem to exsist

Aceman

So I got banned manually by an admin on a server today because apparently my GUID and in game name are linked to a person who's a banned cheater. I can't use the appeal system because the GUID and name search comes up as clean (is this an error?). I have changed CD keys a few times over the 7 years I've played as I have got new PC's over the years and lost my old CD keys when I went to reinstall (1 CD key was brought as I got banned from my favourite server for having organised pistol and knife fights, which was counted as stats padding, they allowed me to get a new CD key to clear the ban). I got no clue how this person showed up linked to me. I think I've had a total of 4 psyhical copies, 2 of which I cannot find and 2 online CD keys, which I have archived in my Gmail (which is probably where the ban came from). Apparently one of the IPs linked to my account is from New Zealand, I'm an Australian. Can someone clarify this for me?

IGN: acemanveryspecial

Current GUID: 403a575a

well from what i can see that guid that yoo listed was fist seen in 2010 under the name 0uT+2rAgEd. from new zealand, then was last seen on the 13th this year under Its acemanveryspecial from australia.

as fro your ban sounds like a local ban would have to take that up with the server admin(s)

here is a list of the rest of the names that show up

acemanveryspecial

Cosm0.inF

derp acemanveryspecial

e. acemanveryspecial

HerpDerpHurp

He|i-cHoPta

Its acemanveryspecial

Kalliades~Alone~Time

siX*$iX_1

thats akll i can find maybe a staff can find more

So I got banned manually by an admin on a server today because apparently my GUID and in game name are linked to a person who's a banned cheater.

What is the full server address ?

Aceman,

As pipes1 explained, a manual ban is related to that local server or group of servers so you have to take it up with the admin(s) that banned you.

It's entirely at the discretion of the server admin to ban who they wish from their server. Easiest solution is to simply play on other servers.

Aceman,

As pipes1 explained, a manual ban is related to that local server or group of servers so you have to take it up with the admin(s) that banned you.

It's entirely at the discretion of the server admin to ban who they wish from their server. Easiest solution is to simply play on other servers.

But my account is linked to someone with a PBBan. And they banned me off that.

PBBans doesn't edit the MPI. Maybe you can ask the group to reply here, because I personally don't see the link to what the group is talking about, however I do see that 5 different GUIDs used that same username.

PBBans doesn't edit the MPI. Maybe you can ask the group to reply here, because I personally don't see the link to what the group is talking about, however I do see that 5 different GUIDs used that same username.

So is acemanveryspecial banned for cheating?

You should always remember that a server admin has the right to ban anyone off a server that he pays for and does not have to provide a reason.

You would not believe the the amount of times we have seen queries of this type appear only to find out that the guy making the claim was actually banned for teamkilling / stat padding / admin abuse etc etc.

If a server admin has banned you from a server based solely on MPi search results the following information is pertinent.

In common with 99% of us, you have a dynamic IP address.

Most of us have an IP link to a ban of some sort based on an IP related MPi search (including PBBans staff members)

I can find no direct link or overlap between the IP addresses of players banned and you.

You have been locally banned off a server by a server admin who is inexperienced in translating MPi search results.

You do not have a cheat related ban that directly links to you, if you did you would not be able to post in the normal sections of our forums.

The reason I asked for the full server address earlier was twofold;

1. To ascertain that the server you were banned from streams via PBBans.

2. To give you the forum id of the team account master user so you can sort this out in private.

The server does stream via PBBans

The team account master user is http://www.pbbans.com/forums/toxicwanderer-m144299.html

You can point him to this post so he can see exactly what your claiming and maybe respond or sort your issue out of the spotlight.

There is a good reason why these warnings appear on MPi search results;

Alias searches alone should not be used to determine if a player is cheating as players may be the victim of name-spoofing.

GUID searches are the most reliable method.

User IP searches alone may not be 100% reliable as some players have dynamic IP's and often share them with other users of their ISP.

GUID searches are the most reliable method.

• Upvote 1

So is acemanveryspecial banned for cheating?

No, however what I see is 5 different GUIDs that used that same name(5 different cd keys). Again I have no idea what this group is looking at to consider you linked to a ban. Going on what fozzer said and what I'm telling you, I would ask them to claify why you are banned because I can't figure it out. And to actually spell it out with linked guids, ect.

Again I have no idea what this group is looking at to consider you linked to a ban.

Probably they banned him because they "thought" he will take more advantage of winning due to the fact a PBBan is linked to Aceman's current BF2 guid. I had ban people from my server who getting insane frags in CoD4 that are abnormal, especially during a scrim. I check the guid's using the MPI during a scrim when I'm listening to my members communicating and notifying them who holds a PBBan or not. Most likely that's what [TdS] did, but take out the scrimming portion. I would suggest that you should take it to there forum or add an admin/leader of [TdS] on xfire to talk about this. Either way, do provide them this thread url address to get a successful appeal.