What can be done...

{VOD}RipperX{BM}

Knowing that the hacks and cheats are on our server daily is really beginning to cause alot of problems.. And seeing that there is only 1 person for COD2 so fair that has been caught is very disturbing.. Is it possible that the files are not directly in the game.. As we have been running FRAPS and clearly it shows persons following thru walls with sites.. Persons coming out other side and being shot.. There are websites that are advertising bypasses of punkbuster.. Also that files are not directly being put into COD2.. What help can a group provide to start nailing these jerks.. Are there binds running possibly that cause persons to shoot so well without aiming.. Is there possibly some type of uniform or highlighting upgrade that allows persons to shoot thru smoke.. And our server is LINUX.. Can we somehow force some type of allow file that would make for modifications being BANNED FROM OUR SERVER...

One last question.. Does having a low grade or old video card cause persons to actually play better than someone with a higher one.. There is a website called XXXXXXXXXX that seems to have some answer for everything to do with hax.. Also they talk about being about to sleep PB.. Maybe someone should check these jerks and shut them down with there BS cheat crap...

thanks so much for listening and hopefully some help can be attained.. And if there is any help we can do, we would love the oppurtunity...

{VOD}RipperX{BM}

Edited by fozzer

Is it possible that the files are not directly in the game..

85-95% of cheats dont need to be in the game directory itself to work. and in such their are very few ways of detection . Screenshots / authentic pb violations / cvars being the main ways of detection.

There are websites that are advertising bypasses of punkbuster.. Also that files are not directly being put into COD2.. What help can a group provide to start nailing these jerks..

Evenbalance themselfs have to update their detection methods, its not as easy as some would think.. EB uses 'standard' methods of checking for cheats all the coders does to bypass it is use an offstandard string to circumvent pb.. and hence why its a PAY service to get something 'undetected' as it wouldn't be publically downloadable by people and passed onto evenbalance for analysis..

Are there binds running possibly that cause persons to shoot so well without aiming..

Binds in general dont work like that so no.

Is there possibly some type of uniform or highlighting upgrade that allows persons to shoot thru smoke..

its possible to use 'chams' im not too sure of CoD2 however I dont see why not though would require a 3rdparty application (cheat/hack) or a Server side mod i.e. something YOUR running.

And our server is LINUX.. Can we somehow force some type of allow file that would make for modifications being BANNED FROM OUR SERVER...

the md5's for the CoD 2 stock files is how you allow/disallow people with modifications from being on your.

If someone connects to your server and their MD5 hash on a stock file is different then it should be they get kicked off your server.

One last question.. Does having a low grade or old video card cause persons to actually play better than someone with a higher one..

answer = No

there is a lot more than 1 person being caught on our streaming servers,the problem is that most players,especially on linux servers generate a 31 character guid which changes when they enter other servers .. this renders the pb guid absolutely useless :(

info:

click me

from what i understand the problem is the IW/Activision master auth server and is being worked on as a matter of urgency as we type.

info:

click me

Can we somehow force some type of allow file that would make for modifications being BANNED FROM OUR SERVER

set sv_pure "1" // referenced files must be same as server

Does having a low grade or old video card cause persons to actually play better than someone with a higher one

afaik no

One last question.. Does having a low grade or old video card cause persons to actually play better than someone with a higher one..

Someone answered no... but that's not entirely true. On this site (http://www.tweakguides.com/COD2_1.html) you can find legal ways to tweak your COD. Setting your videocard to low can sometimes be an advantage...

But, who wants to look at a crappy screen during a game just to get a slight advantage? I know I wouldnt...