streaming or not streaming

BloodRunner

:D hello all im wanting to know that since i got my server streaming to PBBans.....how can i check to see if it is streaming..........and what if any tools do i need as server owner admin to complete the project.such as Master Ban Index (Master Ban Index (MBI)) tool etc......

second part: once PB was streaming i now get a msg on my server and i might add only my server......thats says: PB Client: Pbclient in distress cannot authenticate with pb server (c1216)

pb client: attempting pbweb update

pb client: web update failed : timeout

now since thn i have talked to the server provider which told me to :

Update your pb client In you cod2 folder on your computer.

Download http://www.evenbalance.com/downloads/pbweb.exe

Place in your pb folder, double click it.

which i did and still same results...........same msg with a time out from server for 0 mins..........

has anyone had this problem???????????and if so what was ur finally resolve on the matter......

also my provider said "This is in the server /pb folder. When you press the PbUpdate button on the webadmin, this file or linux excuteable is activated and you receive files straight from www.evenbalance.com or www.punkbuster.com.

www.punksbusted.com and www.pbbans.com have streaming capabilities. Most clients use the one from www.punksbusted.com. No issues. You used the one from www.pbbans.com.

any help or if im in the wrong area please point me in the right direction...................txs Bloodrunner

Edited by BloodRunner

hi bloodrunner ..your hosting company (clanwarz) is quite possibly the worst i have ever come across for technical support .. when they said there was nothing they could do to get your pb working and for you to contact PB,you kindly trusted me with your ftp password .. all i did was remove the pb folder and restarted your server .. this allowed the server to find the pb_sv_homepath automatically .. problem solved

^3PunkBuster Server: Home Path is /home/cod2-vasquez/cod2-server/pb/

i also found another pbsvlog.cfg tucked away inside a folder with details from psb in it .. now if you did not put it there that means your server host did >> without your permission

this post will help show you what you can access from our main web page click me

all current versions of pb for all pb supported games can be found here click me

typing /rcon pb_sv_ver displays whats running on your server

from evenbalance site - Call of Duty 2 server:v1.108 client:v1.203 A1302

from your server - ^3PunkBuster Server: PunkBuster Server (v1.108 | A1302 C1.216) Enabled

your hosting company actually created the problems you had in the first place and it seems obvious to me that they do what they can to make it difficuilt for anyone to stream anywhere else other than psb .. judging by what your experiencing Clanwarz Gaming Servers need a good kick up the arse and a reminder of an age old adage .. the customer is always right

thanks again fozzer u have been great as i said yest....ur service is unlike anythign ive been around for quite some time and i will talk to clanwarz abt there lack of service.....ur right i shld not have to have u go so far above and beyond to correct and fix what is there problem.......i will be thinking abt looking for another provider because of all the, well ask them and see if they can help you. blah blah...im not happy and as i told them yest i wrked on it from 8 in the morg till 8 at night...and as an architect that day has cost me a lot of money in time ......with the only result i got was from PBBans...u gys are damn good at what u do and like i said great customer skills,,, u get AAAAA +++++ from me and i will spread the word it was a client who uses u guys that said go use them and they were right..... B) :D thanks again.......for ur input happy customer bloodrunner :03:

thanks again fozzer u have been great as i said yest....ur service is unlike anythign ive been around for quite some time and i will talk to clanwarz abt there lack of service.....ur right i shld not have to have u go so far above and beyond to correct and fix what is there problem.......i will be thinking abt looking for another provider because of all the, well ask them and see if they can help you. blah blah...im not happy and as i told them yest i wrked on it from 8 in the morg till 8 at night...and as an architect that day has cost me a lot of money in time ......with the only result i got was from PBBans...u gys are damn good at what u do and like i said great customer skills,,, u get AAAAA +++++ from me and i will spread the word it was a client who uses u guys that said go use them and they were right..... B) :D thanks again.......for ur input happy customer bloodrunner :03:

hi bloodrunner :)

seeing as you have no ssh access and can not "cd" to your pbweb.x86 to update your server PB, means you are reliant on your providers webadmin pbupdate button .. i just took another look at your pb folder and noticed that the pbweb.x86 they have placed on your server was read only .. so no matter how many times you pressed the pbupdate button nothing was happening .. i have made the pbweb.x86 executable so now maybe you will get something positive happening ... for updating PB on your own pc i would recommend pbsetup which is a lot more user friendly than pbweb and can be run from anywhere on your pc .. try it out .. you can get it here click me :)

**edit**

hope you dont mind bloodrunner but i just spent 6 mins on your clanwarz webadmin and ftp .. i deleted the pb folder and disabled pb in your config_mp_server.cfg .. i restarted the server as vanilla cod2 then enabled pb and watched a nice fresh pb install appear .. i then enabled pam mod ..because thats what was on it when i started.

your server pb info now reads:

^3PunkBuster Server: PunkBuster Server (v1.108 | A1302 C1.203) Enabled

this is what it should be :)

why clanwarz tech support could not do this beats me .. enjoy your server and the rest of your day m8

p.s. streaming nicely to the pbbans repository as well :D

fozzer

thnks i was just on it it runs great and i dont get that msg......and yes i dnld the pbsetup as u said way cool im really ready to rock finally........txs again.fozzer........great jump and its cool i trust u guys........txs have a great day and ill be intouch......soon.Bloodrunner

Edited by BloodRunner

btw Bloodrunner .. you have a pbbans.dat that will contain all your bans and you have a pbsvuser.cfg that holds the md5 checks for known hacks .. the violation and cheat logs will self generate when a violation/cheat is detected :)

A true pro Fozzer regardless of providor always there with support and advice

btw Bloodrunner .. you have a pbbans.dat that will contain all your bans and you have a pbsvuser.cfg that holds the md5 checks for known hacks .. the violation and cheat logs will self generate when a violation/cheat is detected :)