server hunkmeg allocation does it make a difference ?

TALON1973

a topic of conversation has come up in the etpub forums where someone mentioned "server" hunkmeg allocation .

now i was aware of client side allocation but not server side.

i've asked my server provider what i'm running at atm. i'm running a 40 slot server . if i find out i'm running a lower hunkmeg rating than what is recommended would raising it make a BIG difference ?

the link that was supplied on the etpub forums was to a Jolt.co.uk site ...... so Fozzer you should now about this already and be able to comment ;) :lol:

http://www.rtcw.jolt.co.uk/content/enemy_t...verstartup.html

any advice would be great Fozzer :)

( or anyone for that matter )

Edited by *=DCM=*TALON1973

afaik all jolt clanservers have this in their start file - +set com_hunkmegs 64 this is more than enough for anything you want to run:

to check things out yourself you will need to download putty here click me and set it up as per instructions .. if you rent a jolt server the login is the same as your ftp login and pass.

a how to use putty guide can be found here click me its sof2 specific but take a look and you will get the drift:

the commands that you will use most often after you log in are:

cat /proc/cpuinfo .... displays info re cpu

cat /proc/meminfo .... displays info re memory

ls .... lists the directory you are currently in

ls -la .... lists all files and their permissions

ps axu .....displays everything that is running % wise re cpu and memory

ps x ..... shows what servers are running by server number

kill xxxx ...... kills that specific server(xxxx = the server number)

./start_xxxx .... will restart the killed server (xxxx = the name of your start file)

btw is your clan forum down ?

oops ive already asked clanservers to check on my hunkmeg allocation. they came back saying its set between 64 - 72 . but they have now changed it to 128 for me, lol .

i take it 128 will improve things fozzer ??

regarding the website..... yeah its down at the moment. the guy that letting us use a server for the webite told us it wouldn't be available anymore so weve lost the site . he's looking for a replacement.

thankfully i've had 100 mb of freespace for FTP downloads with clanservers for the fast downloads of the 2 campaigns we got.

dont think there be enough space to add a website in all that though . not up on that end of things. how much space does a website take anyway ? nothing fancy just forums like this ??

never take for granted that more = better .. a hell of a lot do ( like the members of other anti cheat sites :P )

any improvement will be hardly noticeable .. re forums ..aint got a clue .. but i can moderate them great :D

the et forum on jolt isn't exactly buzzing with conversation i must say :(

" never take for granted that more = better " , you been talking to my girlfriend ???? :P

This is an interesting topic, I just ask my provider what ous is set at...

We started getting lag recently, although I atribute it to the PB update problesm that are going on.

I increased my PERSONAL Hunkmegs but didnt really see any difference....So that is why Im leaning towards the PB being the culprit...

Will let you know what my provider says.

:)

the et forum on jolt isn't exactly buzzing with conversation i must say :(

" never take for granted that more = better " , you been talking to my girlfriend ???? :P

i moderate the market garden section of the joltrtcw scene ..it buzz's like fook :P

et section was never used till i dropped in ..its getting there though :)

My provider said pretty much same as above.

My server WAS set for 128 and he felt that that was more than enough...but he bumped it up anyway :D