Linux Server & Punkbuster Issue!

BOB-SniperSniper

Hello, maybe someone can help me. I have Linux with Fedora core 4. I have installed Call of Duty UO: and the server works great, however when I try and start punkbuster i says bunkbuster is read only. I have tried everything I can think of and nothing works. I have left counter measures a email and got no response, I have talked to TWL admins, they have no idea.

I have allowed full premissions too my pb folder, and updated to the newest files.

I have added it too my startup command line, I have enter the 3 settings in my cfg file in different places, and everytime I try to enable it, samething, punkbuster is read only.

Any ideas on how I can get this working ? I have tried reinstalling the game with pb, and no go at all. Samething.

Thanks, much appericated...

Hello, maybe someone can help me. I have Linux with Fedora core 4. I have installed Call of Duty UO: and the server works great, however when I try and start punkbuster i says bunkbuster is read only. I have tried everything I can think of and nothing works. I have left counter measures a email and got no response, I have talked to TWL admins, they have no idea.

I have allowed full premissions too my pb folder, and updated to the newest files.

I have added it too my startup command line, I have enter the 3 settings in my cfg file in different places, and everytime I try to enable it, samething, punkbuster is read only.

Any ideas on how I can get this working ? I have tried reinstalling the game with pb, and no go at all. Samething.

Thanks, much appericated...

AFAIK the reason this happens is because the map(s) are loading before pb has had a chance to kick in

try removing any map_rotate command if it exists in your server start file

remove any map_rotate command from your server cfg

when the server has started up .. confirm that pb has started and is running by issuing the pb_sv_ver command .. if it needs updating do so via pbsetup or pbweb

add the map_rotate stuff back in and restart the server

hopefully that will result in you having a fully updated and working pb on your server :)

• 3 weeks later...