banned member

syndicate

I am a leader of my clan, and one of my members was given a pb ban, his guid is 87b673f9ae2ca11fa489158c861bd22a

I have spoken with him on the issue, and he claims that when he connected to the server he was inundated with cvar violation messages and kicked immediately. I've known him for many years and I'm inclined to believe him, is there anything that can be done about lifting his ban? thank you

CVAR (#9001) - Cvar pmove_fixed = 1

=|EvF|=STash (66.215.236.121) (08.10.2004)

Ukn (63.171.136.28:20102)

CVAR (#9001) - Cvar com_maxfps = 0

=|EvF|=STash (66.215.236.121) (08.09.2004)

(DeZ) (67.19.30.18:20101)

CVAR (#9001) - Cvar pm_aimpoint = 2.5

A sexy Beast (67.10.143.253) (07.06.2006)

|NSDQ| (70.84.11.125:20100)

I dont believe his ban will be removed he was caught with 3 different cvar hacks.Aimpoint is part of an aimbot and can only be used from outside of the game so it cannot be initialized from inside the game without starting it before starting the game.Anyway he will have to appeal the ban here http://pbbans.com/appeal_ban.php

Edited by maester

the appeal is under review at the moment - what would help his case no end is if he can provide the server ip/port were this "strange phenonemon" happened :)

|Viv|Syndicate, I'm not wanting to make this an all out bash against Meatloaf BUT he has been banned before with a different GUID. When The Bad League started I had to let Velocity know about him so this really shouldn't be any surprise. :huh:

|Viv|Syndicate, I'm not wanting to make this an all out bash against Meatloaf BUT he has been banned before with a different GUID. When The Bad League started I had to let Velocity know about him so this really shouldn't be any surprise. :huh:

Yeah, I was keepin an eye on him.....when this came up. Personally I thought I gave plenty of benefit of the doubt, but that cvar most certainly is an aimbot variable, and the ip address of the violator corresponds to whatever machine has meat's name matched up to it the most. I like the kid and all but I've personally never seen a false positive on a cvar check, so it aint lookin good. Syn just wants to be certain I'm sure, but I personally prefer to err on the side of caution, and not get my hopes up

cvar and md5 checks are just that - checks - if the file or cvar aint there then theres nothing to be flagged up :)

i have yet to see a plausible explanation of how a player can pluck a cvar like pm_aimpoint = 2.5 out of thin air - and for someone with previous makes it all the more unbelievable tbh

**edit/update** just in case his mail dumps his ban appeal decision into the bin - the appeal was rejected and the ban upheld.

• 4 weeks later...