I need help.

Benjamin  Poppitt

Hello, Im new to these forums.

I've been playing Enemy Territory for over 2 years now as my son-inlaw introduced me into the game. I've been playing sufficiently for the past year and a half. Since my computer was left at my son-inlaw's while i was in another state. I''ve recieved it back, and installed ADSL, on this machine. My son-inlaw had this computer set-up as lan and from my understanding played online with it. I Have an error stating 'Guid Hardwarn ban and also Global'. I recieved this error tonight as i logged onto a server for the first time in a year. For some reason i believe this isn't correct. Or may just be some files misplaced. Im not very good with computers. I've looked up onto some forums until i found this itself. Once i read Guid is a form of identification, I was unsure what i should do. Do i appeal for this? How do i get the Guid number?

Where do i go from here? This is not my fault, and i did not do anything intentionally. I enjoy Enemy Territory. Please help me to figure out what to do. Thank you in advance. I've also email Everbalence about this, but i'am not too sure who deals with it.

Kind regards

Benjamin Poppitt.

all types of global ban are dealt with by EvenBalance staff via the trouble ticket system here click me - any type of global ban is not imposed lightly and as such very few are removed - i dont suppose your son-in-law might have a clue as to how this violation would suddenly crop up ?

As it stands now - you need a new pc to play any PB supported game on pb enabled servers - or you can of course play servers that have pb disabled.

I have already sent out the Trouble ticket via their website. And for this matter i would have to concieve a new computer? Who is the people i would have to contact for this problem?

Thanks for fast response.

My son-inlaw declines doing anything. I just wish i would not have to suffer for something i did not incorporate.

Edited by Benjamin Poppitt

Any global ban that a person thinks was made in error can only be resolved via the trouble ticket system - the key word with any trouble ticket enquiry is patience - I have not heard of a global hardware ban being lifted before,maybe you will be the first - this type of ban is normally reserved for the repeat offenders who plague gaming servers.

Thank you for your responce. Yes i am very angry, and to think if it doesn't go through i will have to buy a new computer. I would like to thank you all for your help. And will keep you updated.

How long would the Trouble ticket take? And is this all to do with them? Not pbbans at all?.

Thanks in advance.

as you can imagine,the inbox of evenbalance.com gets a lot of mails daily - the response times vary from problem to problem, but respond they invariably do - any global bans are issued and dealt with exclusively by EvenBalance and are nothing at all to do with PBBans - all we can offer in situations like this is a little advice and point you in the right direction :)

I could probably go to that trouble, but i do not believe i need to, I personally have not done anything wrong and as im sure Evenbalance will see. I should be let off for this ignorance matter. I was thinking about downloading another FreeToPlay game, But everyone i've seen so far. I cannot play as of Punkbuster. I have chosen not to waste my Download limit unless i know i can play.

Thanks guys, I got a email back, saying its been updated. But i am not sure what else to do now. This could take months i assume.

Thanks Dopey but im sure this will be resolved.

Thats if the hard drive disk is the targetted piece of hardware thats been tagged for the ban - if its not then you will have another HDD to play with but still have the original problem of not being able to play pb enabled servers - and i'm not quite comfortable with anyone giving advice on these forums on how to evade a global hardware ban <_>

Thats if the hard drive disk is the targetted piece of hardware thats been tagged for the ban - if its not then you will have another HDD to play with but still have the original problem of not being able to play pb enabled servers - and i'm not quite comfortable with anyone giving advice on these forums on how to evade a global hardware ban <_<

I doubt its the harddrive you have to buy new. EB is smarter then that. =/