Setting Punk Buster

Father

Don't kill me.. i'm newbie :rm_milk: in server administration. I have problem with Punk Buster. For example.. PB kicks somebody for inactivity and remove him from game and his XP also. But i want to save his XP on server for reconnecting. Is there any way how can i do this? Another example: player's ET was crashed and while he is restarting his PC PB kicked him for No Packet Flow and remove his with his XP.

Thanx

Edited by Father

for xpsave you need etpub , etpro doesnt has xpsave it resets at disconnect ore at end of campaign ;)

and etpro doesnt uses pb, it has its own anti cheat system

for xpsave you need etpub , etpro doesnt has xpsave it resets at disconnect ore at end of campaign ;)

No mod has influence on PB. PB is part of ET. ETPro has its own ac(very old) but its only add-on and has nothing to do with PB.

i didnt ment that a mod has influence. But with etpro if you get disconnected from the server youre xp will be gone and he wants xpsave as i see ;) and etpro doesnt has that function (have seen before ppl asking for this, but always i saw no etpro doesnt has it). with etpub its g_xpsave 15 and some things to set maxes

Edited by hooligun

I think taht b_statserver "1" turn on XP save while campaing is played(if somebody only reconnect without PB kick). But if PB kick somebody.. PB remove this player with his XP. :(

No mod has influence on PB. PB is part of ET. ETPro has its own ac(very old) but its only add-on and has nothing to do with PB.

I don't know how script in LUA language. Exist some manual for scripting in LUA for ETPro or exists already some script for XP save?

Thanx

Edited by Father

I found a topic on etpro forums about one that where b_statsaver doesnt work for a guy.

http://bani.anime.net/banimod/forums/viewt...ight=statserver

But i think the comon thing with pb is that he loses his connection complete from the server. So it loses his info trough pb.

I notice when a player is on my server and he gets overflowed. The xp he made in that map time isnt saved. So he starts from what he had the map before. So i think pb is the messup in here then cause of losing information, ore something is just wrong with logging the players info ;) could be alsow

And i see in a other topic from etpro that somoeone tells that it doesnt saves it for the whole time. And there they say alsow "run the other mod" <--- they redirect to etpub cause it will save. http://bani.anime.net/banimod/forums/viewt...ighlight=xpsave

Myself run etpub, but i love etpro more cause it contains less lag for bigger servers mine is 40 slots.

Edited by hooligun

lets just clear one thing up :) PB has nothing at all to do with any kind of XP save - if players used pbsetup before every gaming session there would be hardly any problems to solve re PB :)

saving xp is a pain in the arse for me personally - who wants to enter a server were someone has 40,000 xp points - part of the fun is building your xp from scratch when entering a server :)

set b_statsaver 1 // When set to 1, the Stat Saver feature is enabled, and a player'sXP, skills, medals, weapon stats, team, class, and weapon selection will be saved, even if a player disconnected during the game. All stats will be reset whenever the game normally does a stats reset (e.g. when starting a new campaign.)

this works for servers i run and ensures everyone has a level playing field when a campaign starts

lets just clear one thing up :) PB has nothing at all to do with any kind of XP save - if players used pbsetup before every gaming session there would be hardly any problems to solve re PB :)

saving xp is a pain in the arse for me personally - who wants to enter a server were someone has 40,000 xp points - part of the fun is building your xp from scratch when entering a server :)

set b_statsaver 1 // When set to 1, the Stat Saver feature is enabled, and a player'sXP, skills, medals, weapon stats, team, class, and weapon selection will be saved, even if a player disconnected during the game. All stats will be reset whenever the game normally does a stats reset (e.g. when starting a new campaign.)

this works for servers i run and ensures everyone has a level playing field when a campaign starts

I made some tests with different versions ETPro. And i determinated that i made mistake. As you wrote.. PB "has nothing at all to do with any kind of XP save". I found that b_statsaver not working correctly on my server but on other servers it work correctly.

Exist some addon to ETPro for better XP saving? Lua can be good solution but i know about lua language nothing. :blink:

Does anybody know some manual for scripting in lua?