Duplicate Guids

-=*VeNoM*=-

I have a problem thats `doing my head in` I have two players who have backing for there insistance that they bought two seperate sof2 game cds from 2 different suppliers (Ebay and Amazon) and yet they keep getting kicked for duplicate guid. I checked with alias finder and they are shown having many aliases and useing the same guid number? yet they insist they do not and connect from different pcs. As if this wasnt bad enough I now get a request on our forum for membership from a third paeron (supposedly) whom when i check his alias out he turns out to have the same guid as these other two. I then checked the guid in here to find they /he/ whoever has numerous entires for duplicate guid viloations and other stuff. I am really confused because the first two came with backing from two seniour figures in our clan. I really dont know where to turn next. What do you think?

Guid relax 0 unfortunately doesnt answer the question behind whats going on here. That only makes it so PB does its full `kicking` I know I can relax the guid kick but our server will never do that. I wondered if this was some kind of key grabbing going on. A subject I know v little about and if any of you chaps had had a similar thing happen. I in 7 years playing SOF and 4 years as a server owner have never had this situation, but thanks for your help. I know its not my problem but if I think someone is on the end of some cheat/theft whatever key gen is then if I can help them I`ll at least try.

Edited by -=*VeNoM*=-

Guid relax 0 unfortunately doesnt answer the question behind whats going on here. That only makes it so PB does its full `kicking` I know I can relax the guid kick but our server will never do that. I wondered if this was some kind of key grabbing going on. A subject I know v little about and if any of you chaps had had a similar thing happen. I in 7 years playing SOF and 4 years as a server owner have never had this situation, but thanks for your help. I know its not my problem but if I think someone is on the end of some cheat/theft whatever key gen is then if I can help them I`ll at least try.

lets start at the beginning - you have 3 guys with the same guid - do they have different IP's - (post the guid in here.)

you say your server will never use a relax of 0 - thats your choice, but any other relax setting is opening the door for hackers.

did they buy a "used game" off ebay or amazon? - anyone who buys a used game is taking a chance that the cd key is not on a banlist - solution: only buy from a reputable retail outlet - for example i could produce a "new" game complete with a generated cd key that would be hard to distinguish from the real thing.

How did you use any checks on here as your forum status is member

I know I can relax the guid kick but our server will never do that.

So you allow Generated keys but not duplicated keys? :blink:

I wondered if this was some kind of key grabbing going on. A subject I know v little about and if any of you chaps had had a similar thing happen

I have not heard anything about that

So you allow Generated keys but not duplicated keys? :blink:

I have not heard anything about that

NOOOOO lOl you missread my message or I didnt make it plain. I meant guid relax 0 is the only PB guid relax setting we use. We dont want any dup keys, bad names nothing on out server. We run atight ship and wont tolerate any cheating. We certainly would not tolerate duplicated key users. What I am merely trying to say is. IF and it could be any of us! IF some genuine ,honest player has had the guid, key whatever duplicated its a shame that there isnt something can be done. I am NOT saying they are fair and above board ,I simply dont know and would like to have got to bottom of this as it also angers me if I am being messed about by cheats!!!

Re above I used the guid checker on the home page??

The other details I have gotten from alias finder

The guid concerned is ec70e28e9e44b36ae34209e2fb8caf76 With 3 folks claiming it as there own! SOD it I`ll just ban the guid, like you said maybe its not my problem to worry about.

Edited by -=*VeNoM*=-

NOOOOO lOl you missread my message or I didnt make it plain. I meant guid relax 0 is the only PB guid relax setting we use.

Sorry i missunderstod you :)

When i look in pbbans mpi3 Master Player Index i see that the key is a leaked key and have been used all over the world so i say that they are not quite honest about what they say to you

Set your server to stream to us and you will have acces to mpi3 as well its a great tool to use when things like this comes up ;)

Sorry i missunderstod you :)

When i look in pbbans mpi3 Master Player Index i see that the key is a leaked key and have been used all over the world so i say that they are not quite honest about what they say to you

Set your server to stream to us and you will have acces to mpi3 as well its a great tool to use when things like this comes up ;)

Many many thanks. That has made my mind up and I feel annoyed with them too, unless its the case of them having bought second hand from amazon and ebay? But anyhow I`ll ban the guid and do as you suggest, much obliged and HI to you F4F its been a while but yr server is in my favourites list. I`m the head of BluE ZoNe Snipers

sorry Venom :P i thought your server was running something other than a relax setting of 0 (btw i deleted your ancient account here) lol

only streaming game admins get mpi3 access nowadays (plus a couple of other forum ranks :) )

that guid ec70e28e9e44b36ae34209e2fb8caf76 is, as mRx pointed out, a leaked key off the net - 448 aliases / 716 IP addresses / used by IP's from all over the world / linked to a lot of other PB supported games including 13 banned guid's for cheat related violations (which surprisingly enough are all sof2) - and that is only off the PBBans database :) it would not surprise me if that guid is added to the evenbalance global guid banlist pretty soon

• 4 months later...

sorry Venom :P i thought your server was running something other than a relax setting of 0 (btw i deleted your ancient account here) lol

only streaming game admins get mpi3 access nowadays (plus a couple of other forum ranks :) )

that guid ec70e28e9e44b36ae34209e2fb8caf76 is, as mRx pointed out, a leaked key off the net - 448 aliases / 716 IP addresses / used by IP's from all over the world / linked to a lot of other PB supported games including 13 banned guid's for cheat related violations (which surprisingly enough are all sof2) - and that is only off the PBBans database :) it would not surprise me if that guid is added to the evenbalance global guid banlist pretty soon

Hello,

I'm from Portugal. today I bought a BEST OFF Game Series from Activision, when I started to play online I got banned.

another moderator here help me find out my GUID, and my GUID is exactly the one you guys have there.

ec70...... that's what my GUID says!! know what do I do? please tell me cause I intend to ask for a refund of my money tomorrow

• 1 month later...

Hello Admin,

I have the same GUID as all of these guys. I bought mine about 2 months ago in the Netherlands (DIXONS). Is there already a solution for this problem? When i buy a game from a store (and NOT downloading) i aspect to get a game i can play, without having to worry about these kind of problems. Is it possible to get a new cdkey from activision, one that is unique? I play at SGD CLAN SERVER 87.117.227.221:20200.

Thanx in advance!

\pb_myguid

PunkBuster Client: Current CdKey=*%*%*#*%#@*$@*! ->

GUID=ec70e28e9e44b36ae34209e2fb8caf76

• 1 month later...

i recently downloaded the gold patch off sof2files.com and when to play.Once i got into a server i was in for about 10 minutes then got banned and i came here to check to see if i was on the ban list and i am.So i tryed to appeal the ban and it said its already been appealed.When i looked on the ban info it says Dark_Slayer was banned for aimbotting and the appeal was denied so what do i do? Is there a way for me to get a new guid because ive done nothing wrong and shouldnt suffer not playing gold because some noob decided to cheat.

and so it begins .. recently activision released a worldwide issue of sof2 game cd's .. problem is that they all have the same cd key ergo the same pbguid.

a thread explaining all can be found here click me

this was the last response off activision support:

Response (Jon An) - 12/22/2006 10:59 AM
Hi,

Thanks for contacting customer support. Unfortunately, newer copies of the game have the same CD key, so you will not be able to play on punkbuster servers. Sorry for your inconvenience.

Thank you and contact us again

imo there is a valid case for demanding your money back