Hack or model-skin?

Notorious

I found this screenie, i thought it was suspicious.

Posted Image

But a few screenies later I found this one, a normal model with a purple glow:

Posted Image

It looks really weird.. What's your opinions?

Oke, i saw another one... This time with bright GREEN model skins on the enemy. You can NOT see them through walls, but you can imagine it gives you a great advantage on darker maps and maps like columbia..

The original model is complete gone... the models look like a known modelhack, only difference is you don't see them through walls..

So if someone would submit this, who is streaming, it would mean a ban? And what would the charge be exactly?

Other screenies:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Notorious

Because it concern my clanmembers

I use something like that too but it is a skinpack right and not a hack?

such skinpack doesn't show people true walls or boxes

i think many people use skinpacks even to chance the view of the map like turning bushes in to hennepplants (pot) and then you still can't hide in it.

so why is there a doctor skin all white and almost glowing default in sof ???

and do you guys realy think its a hack?? :(

Any player model skin that glows or is a really bright color deservers a ban full stop.

white is bright right and the doctorskin is a default skin :D

Because it concern my clanmembers

I use something like that too but it is a skinpack right and not a hack?

such skinpack doesn't show people true walls or boxes

It doesn't take a genius to work out skins like this are blatantly cheating, Use your common sense.

i think many people use skinpacks even to chance the view of the map like turning bushes in to hennepplants (pot) and then you still can't hide in it.

That's not a skin pack and in no way does it give you an advantage.

so why is there a doctor skin all white and almost glowing default in sof ???

The doc skin isn't all white nor does it glow.

and do you guys realy think its a hack?? :(

Skins like this ARE cheats if you cant see that then god help you.

It doesn't take a genius to work out skins like this are blatantly cheating, Use your common sense.

That's not a skin pack and in no way does it give you an advantage.

The doc skin isn't all white nor does it glow.

Skins like this ARE cheats if you cant see that then god help you.

I Think GOD already left me m8 :D

but if you all agree its a hack why doesn't pb ban them :)

but i will tell clanmembers to get it off there system ;)

tnx m8

Edited by =-GNC-= Ghost

but if you all agree its a hack why doesn't pb ban them

If that ss came from a streaming server my vote would be to ban

Punkbuster (EB) dont ban for pk3`s thats our job ;)

gonna get in trouble here..I can feal it.....

1st ,,the top pic is a wallhack,,,pretty obvious....

2nd: model brights...allows a player to see another player in a dark map like he was in full day light,,,another dl'd hack....

3rd set : bannable hack skin.....

EDITED POST ....

Edited by Tim

Well Tim you know how i feel :)

And in my eyes its not a skin and it never will the only purpose it have is so the player can see other players more easy

And if i can remember it right what we voted about was the gammamodel.pk3 isnt that right? and not every posible ss that show a green/red/white model etc etc.

My opinion on these kind of ss´s is if you see a huge advantage then you the streaming game admin should submit it and we will take a look at it.Dont draw a line and say all playermodels are ok to use

Thats true mRx ,,,my post got edited this morn..after doing research on skins AFTER I made the post I realised this morn how incorrect I was....

Deff. banable skin showing on ss...to many damn cheats out there now,,,It's sad to say but I think from now on I'may have to make a new rule on skins on my server,,,none allowed...theres just to many hacks that sometime come w\ them...cya and thank you for the reply :D

gonna get in trouble here..I can feal it.....

1st ,,the top pic is a wallhack,,,pretty obvious....

2nd: model brights...allows a player to see another player in a dark map like he was in full day light,,,another dl'd hack....

3rd set : bannable hack skin.....

EDITED POST ....

1st it isn't a wallhack my friend it is a skin :)

• 4 weeks later...

i thouht that advantage things, like skins were banable up to the Server Admin and that wouldnt go thru the Streaming Process to be ban, at least that was what i thought, so now advantage things can be banable? (what i ment by advantagable are skins that are bright NOT wallhacks that are bright, of course wallhack are banables)

• 2 weeks later...

There was a huge thread regaurding Gamma Model Pk3 and some other skins I found on sof2 files.com and this has a similar tone to it but I know for a fact that you cannot get these skins depicted in these ss on soffiles.com you must go to a cheat site to get these pk3's. Its a hack plain and simple. Please do not construe that statement with the notion that ALL files found on soffiles.com are ok to use, because there not. Most all PK3's offer some sort of advantage whether its sound or skin or crosshair design, HOWEVER those advantages have to be concidered and if they are negligable ie: silencer on AK, then it may be ok BUT if you have a player skin that allows you to see an opponent from your spawn to his or her own OBVIOUSLEY its not legit to play with.