added and streaming - thanks :)

PBBans Hub Server Search

Server Status: Server is streaming via Hub

Server Info

Clan Tag: [DWX]

Server IP: 88.198.39.148:27960

Last Streaming: August 22, 2006 12:00 pm

wow that was fast, thx.

i hope my server uses multistreaming now.

hey hanfling yes it does its me hooligUn from weedheaven good to see you finaly took pbbans streaming :) dont forget to add the mci stuf

-edit- i see you are hub streaming but not rep

multi streaming is both if i remember correctly rep/hub cause sometimes slip trough hub i noticed but then get added by rep

Edited by hooligun

oh well, hi hooligUn

i dont know, i was wondering while using PAT that my pbsvlog.cfg got overwritten with pbbans entries.

how can i stream to pbbans and punksbusted together.

that was what i meant with multistreaming.

so how can i setup the HUP, the REP and the punkbusted streams together?

and what does it mean add the mci stuff?

is it PAT? i just installed it and now i dont know which bans,cvar and md5entries my gameserver uses.

so i switched back to old method till i have a solution. ;)

how can i load all banfiles i need.

when i type pb_sv_banload pat_bans.dat, he says no entries written.

and if i make pb_sv_banempty i loose my bansstore from punksbusted.com, isnt it?

plz tell me, thx

hanfling

If you're using HUB to stream , you do not have to update bans with PAT. Its updated via streaming. Just merge our ban list with yours, set pb_sv_AutoUpdBan to 1. HUB will keep your ban list up to date.

Then remove STREAMING from update key in servers.cfg. Otherwise PAT will set up rep streaming everytime its runned.

pb_sv_banload pat_bans.dat
This will not work. AFAIK in et works only pb_sv_banload /full/path/to/pb/pat_bans.dat or pb_sv_banload

ah ok, i understood now, thx to u m8.

but can u also tell me, how do i use REP streaming, if i have other login credentials from punksbusted in my pbsvlog.cfg?

i want to use hup,rep and punksbusted streams together.

so that i have a merged banfile with all detected cheaters.

ah ok, i understood now, thx to u m8.

but can u also tell me, how do i use REP streaming, if i have other login credentials from punksbusted in my pbsvlog.cfg?

i want to use hup,rep and punksbusted streams together.

so that i have a merged banfile with all detected cheaters.

i see in the mail you sended me hanfling that you already stream to rep of punksbusted. Then you cant use the rep from here but only the hub ofcourse:) so you are streaming to 2 repositories

ok, great.

i will look at the results soon and decide which repository i'll take. :-)

so i came to the question, if punksbusted and pbbans synchronize their repositories each other?

perhaps not in realtime but at least 1 day after!?

else the existence of a repository wont make sense. :D

can i be sure that i get maximum protection, while using both of them.

or is it better, or maybe just easier, to use only ones, coz they use the same repository-entries aswell, at least after 24h?!?

well with 2 ones you will always be more sure in 1 point. But i just only take pbbans rep/hub streaming the only times that a cheater gets chance is 1 time in the month last one that had some fun and as you know hanfling was shadow http://www.pbbans.com/generate.php?action=5&ban_id=11754

. since he is banned no cheater had a chance anymorte they all ended up on the mbi :) :lol: So its youre choice maybe my advise just watch how it goes i know for sure when hub starts kicking in on youre server it will be major results like on my server :P

Edited by hooligun

woot B) , fantastic, :D

at the streamindex is shown that i stream with hup and rep from pbbans.

and on my server i have configured streaming with punksbusted too.

so i did it, the streaming works now with 3 different kinds of repositories (HUP & REP from PBBans and REP from Punksbusted)

again thx to all who helped me out. :excl:

ok, i guess i haven't got well rested. :rolleyes:

ofc, u r right. i don't stream the rep from pbbans.

i looked at the summary and thaught it was my server. :blink:

so i have to write some scripts that synchronize the cvars and md5 entries with each others.

sry, for the question (haven't got much time atm), but what kind of hacks can REPstream detect compared to HUPstream.

or asking in other way, does it make a difference, between being up-to-date if i only stream HUP?!?

greetz

Hanfling who says thx for an answer :D

Edited by hanfling

with Rep streaming the logs get parsed in the early hours of the morning every 24 hours and anyone who has raised a violation gets added to the MBI.

with Hub streaming everything is instant - for example, if there are 1000 ET servers streaming via the PBBans Hub and a cheater is caught on 1 of them, 4-5 seconds later that cheater is added to the other 999 Hub servers pbbans.dat - you dont have to do a thing - the Hub never ceases to amaze me in what its capable of and there are enhanced features being worked on - the Hub streamers also get all the Rep catches automatically added to their pbbans.dat as soon as they appear on the MBI, you will see on your pbbans.dat entries it states either PBBans Rep or PBBBans Hub - anyone that successfully appeals a ban gets removed from all Hub streamers pbbans.dat instantly as well.

as far as i am aware PBBans is the only anti-cheat site who have managed to successfully utilise pbucon as a streaming option and since its conception we have tripled the amount of streaming servers we have with us - the Hub is capable of handling 6,500+ servers so there is plenty of room for all :)

hi,

that sounds incredible.

i'm really impressed of the pbbans stuff.

big thx to all assistants, contributors, employees, staffers, co-operators and members of pbbans!

Great Work!

So long

Hanfling who bows deeply for this organisation.

to answer your original question :P

everything that is detected by the Rep is also detected by the PBBans Hub - Rep streaming is best suited to private clan servers that are used just for wars and will stand empty for long periods of time - Hub streaming is ideal for busy public servers - as always its entirely up to the peeps that pay for their server what method suits best and its always best practise to actually read the info on the streaming guides to help you decide - the PBBans Hub works just as well as a stand alone method of streaming and by doing that it free's up the standard Rep method of streaming if the server admin wants to stream to another repository.