202.174.108.230:1716

siskin

server is not correctly configured.

We have used both methods to try and configure the server but we are getting the message

Server is ignoring PB commands"

and have yet to work out how to resolve this issue :(

I will post again when I have worked out what to do - at this stage we are a little lost still :blink:

siskin

is PB enabled?

It should be. All the bells and whistles appear to be in order.. cept when I try and set this up :(

It is possible that the install is corrupted ( according to what I have read at evenbalance) and if that is the case I need to get in touch with my host who is in the middle of a domestic situation just now .

So it might be a day or two before I can get that sorted. I will post back again when I know anything definite and request the streaming again.. Sorry for any inconvenience.

• 2 weeks later...

We are hoping that it works this time.

If it doesn't then I have no idea what is wrong. According to evenbalance support everything appears to be in order with the server.

Fingers crossed ;)

Details as in original post please.

cheers

siskin

still nothing coming through m8 :(

are you using the ftp method or the rcon method to initiate streaming ?

(most who have had problems in the past have been streaming in minutes using the rcon method of initiation)

the simplest way to check yourself if the pbucon settings are correct is to enter admin pb_sv_uconlist via rcon - if you see this response:

PunkBuster Client: [Slot] [Type] [Mask] [Name]
PunkBuster Client: 1 1 63.171.64.245 pbbans
PunkBuster Client: End of PB UCON Profile List (1 Entry)

you know for sure everything is correct :)

what response do you get off your server ?

i have made a couple of updates to the guides on hub streaming, if your pbsv.cfg has this at the bottom :

;PB UCON Settings / Lists

pb_sv_usessionlimit 0

pb_sv_ucontimeout 300

pb_sv_uconempty

pb_sv_uconignoreempty

the easiest way to deal with it is to delete those lines from your pbsv.cfg

best of luck with it, thanks for your persistence, and if theres anything further we can do to help you out dont hesitate to ask - for example i have no problem looking over your servers pbsv.cfg if you pass it via forum pm.

the simplest way to check yourself if the pbucon settings are correct is to enter admin pb_sv_uconlist via rcon - if you see this response:

PunkBuster Client: [Slot] [Type] [Mask] [Name]
PunkBuster Client: 1 1 63.171.64.245 pbbans
PunkBuster Client: End of PB UCON Profile List (1 Entry)

you know for sure everything is correct :)

what response do you get off your server ?

Well I had another look at everything, all looked correct :blink: but I started from the beginning again and deleted both pbucon.use file and the pbbans_hub.cfg file,

deleted ALL references to pbucon etc. in the pbsv.cfg file,

restarted the server then re-downloaded the .rar file from the link here,

uploaded the fresh files - added the appropriate line to the pbsv.cfg

restarted the server ( upsetting the players there at the time :lol: )

and got absolutely no response whatsoever when in the server as a player admin and typing

admin pb_sv_uconlist

I will pm you a copy of any file you wish.. I am at my wits end :dunno:

heh, sorry if I sound a little frustrated, but this is something we have really wanted to do :(

I have not tried the rcon instructions for AA so far ( this time) as the server has been full and I did not really want to upset a lot of our regulars, but I will try it in a few hours when the non-regulars turn up and it doesn't matter if the pb_restart lags the server out so much :P :lol:

Anyway .. expect a pm with pbsv.cfg attachment very soon :) Thanks for that.

thanks

siskin

they would hardly notice a pb restart siskin :P and a screenshot of your pb folder would be nice :)

btw - whats the server response to the command admin pb_sv_ver ?

there is no response to the admin pb_sv_ver either :( ..

This is where evenbalance were less than helpful.. it did not seem to bother them nearly as much as it did me the lack of response to that command..

anyway - screenshot of our pbfolder is yours for the asking :)

Posted Image

I have sent the pbsv.cfg via pm.. but not sure if it has been seen yet.

Thanks for the help btw :)

regards

siskin

well - i have looked at your pbsv.cfg and looked at your pb folder contents.

conclusion;

blank file pbucon.use - exists

pbbans_hub.cfg - exists

the command in the pbsv.cfg to load the pbbans_hub.cfg - does not exist

here is part of your pbsv.cfg:

pb_sv_NoGuidGrace 60 //[seconds to wait before No GUID kick]

pb_sv_AliasFn "" //[Filename (default="pbalias.dat")]

pb_sv_AliasAutoLoad 0 //[0=No, 1=Yes (default=0)]

pb_sv_AliasMax 0 //[Max # of Aliases to track for each PB GUID]

pb_sv_AliasMaxEnforce 0 //[0=No, 1=Yes (default=0)]

pb_sv_load pbsvlog.cfg //load remote logging settings (if pbsvlog.cfg exists)

add this line pb_sv_load pbbans_hub.cfg like so:

pb_sv_NoGuidGrace 60 //[seconds to wait before No GUID kick]

pb_sv_AliasFn "" //[Filename (default="pbalias.dat")]

pb_sv_AliasAutoLoad 0 //[0=No, 1=Yes (default=0)]

pb_sv_AliasMax 0 //[Max # of Aliases to track for each PB GUID]

pb_sv_AliasMaxEnforce 0 //[0=No, 1=Yes (default=0)]

pb_sv_load pbsvlog.cfg //load remote logging settings (if pbsvlog.cfg exists)

pb_sv_load pbbans_hub.cfg

execute a pb_sv_restart via rcon

and lets see were we go from there - it would concern me if my servers did not respond to basic pb commands like pb_sv_ver and pbucon needs version 1.244 to work - i would personally upload pbsetup and run it straight away but one step at a time eh :)

best of luck

well - i have looked at your pbsv.cfg and looked at your pb folder contents.

conclusion;

blank file pbucon.use - exists

pbbans_hub.cfg - exists

the command in the pbsv.cfg to load the pbbans_hub.cfg - does not exist

Ok.. after some head -scratching I realised that the pm length must have been too long. The line does exist in the pbsv.cfg -just not where you suggest to put it. It is down the bottom of the file. I will move it to where you have it though and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks for that :)

yes.. the missing response to basic pb_sv commands concenrns me too, but pb is up to date, ver 1.244 ( normal server messages confirm this even though the ver command does not :huh: and appears to work just fine. It has been reinstalled and the same thing happens.

Evenbalance told me to log onto the server using pbucon to try the commands.. but I have yet to work out how to do this - even with google as my friend :lol: :blush:

Back to trying :)

cheers

siskin

Ok.. after some head -scratching I realised that the pm length must have been too long. The line does exist in the pbsv.cfg -just not where you suggest to put it. It is down the bottom of the file. I will move it to where you have it though and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks for that :)

yes.. the missing response to basic pb_sv commands concenrns me too, but pb is up to date, ver 1.244 ( normal server messages confirm this even though the ver command does not :huh: and appears to work just fine. It has been reinstalled and the same thing happens.

Evenbalance told me to log onto the server using pbucon to try the commands.. but I have yet to work out how to do this - even with google as my friend :lol: :blush:

Back to trying :)

cheers

siskin

there is always the rcon option for initiating hub streaming :)

Ok.. I did the rcon commands - restarting pb seemed to cause trouble because after I did that the server seemed to stall and a lot of players got kicked for No Packet Flow. I took this as a sign that something worked :D

then when I quit out of the game I checked my pb folder via FTP...

the pbucon.use file has become a file with 190kb size and appears to be a carbon copy of the pbsv.cfg file.

The pbsv.cfg file has changed. It started out being 138kb in size it is now 190kb in size. The line I moved as per your example has disappeared and these lines have appeared at the bottom of the file

pb_sv_usessionlimit 1

pb_sv_ucontimeout 300

pb_sv_uconempty

pb_sv_uconadd 1 "63.171.64.245" "pbbans" "pbbans"

pb_sv_uconignoreempty

the pbbans_hub.cfg appears to be the same.

I realise that none of this is right but I have no idea as to why this would be happning - any clues?

And btw - I appreciate the trouble you are going to here for me too :D Thanks.

EDIT:

I just removed all of those quoted lines from the pbsv.cfg file and placed the

pb_sv_load pbbans_hub.cfg

line where you had showed me to put it.

I deleted the pbucon.use file of 190kb and replaced it with the 0kb file.

I then restarted the server.

If the server is still not streaming now I have no idea what else to try. :(

Once again.. I really appreciate the time you are taking with this . I am sorry it is being such a pest.

cheers

siskin

Edited by siskin

i have rechallenged your server and it still is not streaming :(

just to ease my mind, can you verify that any pb commands are being responded to by your server, such as:

admin pb_sv_ver

admin pb_sv_uconlist

admin pb_sv_homepath

or even a simple admin pb_sv_plist

i see you have a pbsvlog.cfg in your pb folder too do you get any response to admin pb_sv_load pbsvlog.cfg

from what i have read so far re your servers PB behaviour i would say something is wrong with the install - have you ran pbsetup at all ?

i have rechallenged your server and it still is not streaming :(

just to ease my mind, can you verify that any pb commands are being responded to by your server, such as:

admin pb_sv_ver

admin pb_sv_uconlist

admin pb_sv_homepath

i see you have a pbsvlog.cfg in your pb folder too do you get any response to admin pb_sv_load pbsvlog.cfg

from what i have read so far re your servers PB behaviour i would say something is wrong with the install - have you ran pbsetup at all ?

PBSetup has been run again since trying to get this sorted out, but you are correct, the commands you mention do not respond correctly.

The response from evenbalance regarding this was for me to try and join the server using pbucon.. something I am unsure of how to do. There were no helpful hints as to what to do once I was there either :lol:

I will be running PBSetup again later tonight, when the regulars are gone and I will try again to get this happening.

If it still refuses to cooperate I will contact the host and try and get them to reinstall the game etc.

If after all of that we still cannot get this thing working I will concede defeat and go and cry in the corner :banghead:

Ok.. will let you know when I have run pbsetup again and followed the rcon instructions :) Wish me luck :D

siskin

Click on #pbbans in my signature.

Connecting...

Logging in...

-- *** Looking up your hostname

-- *** Checking Ident

-- *** Found your hostname

-- *** No ident response

No hosts from Asia-pacific on this server, thanks..

Error : Closing Link: siskin by underworld.no.quakenet.org (K-lined)

Disconnected from irc.quakenet.org

:huh: Im in Australia :mellow:

I can only update pb not completely reinstall it with my level of ftp access - the person who does have full access is not available for a while :(

I have no idea of any other way to acheive it.

heh.. my enthusiasm is starting to take a battering you could say :(

siskin

the point i was trying to get across is that the pb commands i was asking you to verify and post the server response, are all bog standard commands except for one and should elicit a server response from any normal/working PB install

admin pb_sv_ver

admin pb_sv_uconlist

admin pb_sv_homepath

Yeah I realise that Fozzer, and I can assure you that my frustration with it beats yours :P :P :P

I get no response from those commands - nada.

I followed the instructions from the evenbalance link that foxdie had given me to manually update PB and still I get nothing.

IF I follow the rcon instructions for allowing streaming.. The same problem I had before occurs.

The pbucon.use file becomes a copy of the pbsv.cfg file except for 1 difference.

the pbucon.use file has this added to the bottom

pb_sv_usessionlimit 1

pb_sv_ucontimeout 300

pb_sv_uconempty

pb_sv_uconignoreempty

and the pbsv.cfg file now has this attached to the bottom

pb_sv_usessionlimit 1

pb_sv_ucontimeout 300

pb_sv_uconempty

pb_sv_uconadd 1 "63.171.64.245" "pbbans" "pbbans"

pb_sv_uconignoreempty

I note that the line

pb_sv_load pbbans_hub.cfg is missing now too .

Now I might be blonde, but I am really not that *&^%$#@! dumb so I have no idea why this is doing this to me :cryingsmiley:

Maybe we should just call it a day . But I do appreciate the help :D I apologise for it being such a pain.

Thanks again

siskin

Hmm.. I have just had a thought.

Would the fact that I have downloaded the .rar file and uploaded the pbucon.use and the pbbans_hub.cfg files to our server via FTP and THEN tried to use the rcon method cause some sort of conflict?

Would it be worthwhile for me to remove those two files via ftp and then to try the rcon method?

Please do not laugh at me if this makes sense to you.. I am not known for my computer skills.. I am a great cook though :D

( my last ditch effort :) )

siskin

That didn't work..

If there is anyone still even remotely interested, I found this in the server.log. May give someone here a clue.. I am not sure

09/08/06 14:45:33 Log: PunkBuster Server: PunkBuster Server (v1.244 | A1371 C1.255) Enabled
09/08/06 14:45:34 Log: PunkBuster Server: pb_sv_USessionLimit = 1 (0 to 16)
09/08/06 14:45:34 Log: PunkBuster Server: PB UCON Profile not added due to duplicate profile name (pbbans)
09/08/06 14:45:34 Log: PunkBuster Server: Config File written to C:\XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX\system\pb\pbsv.cfg
09/08/06 14:45:34 Log: PunkBuster Server: [Slot] [Type] [Mask] [Name]
09/08/06 14:45:34 Log: PunkBuster Server: 1 1 63.171.64.245 pbbans
09/08/06 14:45:34 Log: PunkBuster Server: End of PB UCON Profile List (1 Entry)
09/08/06 14:45:34 Log: PunkBuster Server: Game Version [2.6.0]
09/08/06 14:45:34 Log: PunkBuster Server: Master Query Sent to (MASTER1.EVENBALANCE.COM) 69.10.138.110

:mellow: