for clanbase admins using the PBBans Hub

fozzer

The recent decision by cb admins to force cod2 clans to stream to gv does not affect your streaming to PBBans in any way if you are streaming via the PBBans Hub

admins who are using the PBBans Hub can leave everything as it is and and use the standard rep method to stream to gv - as always PBBans is always about offering their supporters choice and not forcing anything on them :)

• 4 months later...

After the latest update of the cb/gv configs these entries are done in the pbsv.cfg:

;PB UCON Settings / Lists

pb_sv_usessionlimit 0

pb_sv_ucontimeout 300

pb_sv_uconempty

pb_sv_uconignoreempty

You can delete them, but they are added on a regular base.

So the stream does not work.

Any help?

Elric666

surely this question should be directed at cb/gv who are deliberately infringing a server admins choices by forcing changes to the admins pb settings.

A simple solution is dont use the gv public server cfg :)

For example .. you could stream to PsB using the old rep. method and stream to PBBans using the Hub, and take advantage of having support and cvar/md5 scan information from the 2 anti cheat sites that are listed here as the only 2 anti cheat sites that offer full punkbuster support for all PB enabled games.

The only streaming to gv that is a requirement is when you play a cod2 cb scrim and that only requires an exec of a war.cfg on the server you use for scrims and can be switched right back to whatever you choose as soon as said scrim is over.

I can not for the life of me understand why any admin who pays for their servers allow outside parties to directly interfere with their PB settings on public servers.

The only streaming to gv that is a requirement is when you play a cod2 cb scrim and that only requires an exec of a war.cfg on the server you use for scrims and can be switched right back to whatever you choose as soon as said scrim is over.

I can not for the life of me understand why any admin who pays for their servers allow outside parties to directly interfere with their PB settings on public servers.

You are absolutly right fozzer. but this is additional work for me to set it back all the time. So it#s a private server and I don't bother, but to run the public server without war.cfg is another good opportunity :D

Elric666